Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 07:21 AM

Even colder Thursday

Good Morning Everyone

All together now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZfS97WcRwI&feature=fvsr

Eee by gum but I'm cowd, eee by gum but I'm cowd
Mi hands are like stone, mi feets like lead,
I 'ave n' bin a warm sin' I left mi bed,
I gets reet up t' fire, as near as I'm allowed,
That I might get gradely warm at last, ee by gum but I'm cowd.

Jack Frost is evrywhere today abd the watering holes for mother natures creatures are all frozen solid, we broke the frozen puddles on our walk this morning so the they could have a drink or wash. The old vixen could be heard crying and the odd Owl chirped in, it's hoot seemed to echo all around us.

Plans for today are staying where it is warm and cosy, lunch of Haddock,mash and peas will be served in the dining room and the afternoon is when we will have company, I believe napoleon and Mrs Baily are paying us a visit.

Have a great day but stay warm, when cold gets into the old bones it takes some getting rid of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkvLp...eature=related
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 08:40 AM

Re: Even colder Thursday

Morning everyone. No frost here and the sky is now brightening so looks like being nice later.

Mrs. PM is off into town for some retail therapy after losing a few pounds on her diet, and I'm off to clear some drains at my Mum's after yesterday's deluge blocked the gullies...

Never mind, salmon and roast veg for lunch and then relaxing by the fire may well be the order of the afternoon..

Have a nice day folks...

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 09:18 AM

A stag at Loch Etive, Glencoe (taken a couple of years ago)

Good Morning Bob, Barry and Everyone A lovely sunny but a wee bit cold morning so far

Going to take Loki to Elderslie today for a change - she walked me to Johnstone yesterday and by the time we got back, I had to call my friend to cancel going into Paisley - I was too tired Instead, I took Loki round to Liz and we had a good auld blether and Loki lay on "her" carpet in the hall and snored!!

I need to go to the town centre for some messages later on as well - will be going there and back by the local bus though

Lovely photo, Bob, looks a great place to visit. Many thanks for sharing and for the links as well, I enjoyed them.

Hope everyone will enjoy Thursday, whatever you do and whatever the weather.

Take care and stay safe
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 09:44 AM

Good morning all rather grey here and distinctly chilly ,i'm still hanging the washing out in the hope it dries.

My son is coming for lunch and I have lots to do today

Enjoy your day everyone
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 12:35 PM

Grey day here, cold too at 6°
About to cook lunch and then tidy the drawers of this computer desk Don't we collect some rubbish?

Lovely pictures you two
Have a good day all.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 12:44 PM

Oh he is a Bonnie Boy, we have deer here on the fell, if you get up early you can see them coming to the pond to drink.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 02:33 PM

Hello everybody, what a lovely day it is today Jack Frost soon thawed out in the sun first thing and now there's not a cloud in the sky, although it is cooler than of late

Have just taken my visiting dogs down on the marsh for the second time today as knew that the tide was in and they love the water, so lots and lots of splashing around and playing in the water for them and they are now basking in the sun drying off Its a dogs life

Nice photos again! Enjoy the rest of the day folks. PS I've just seen a buzzard flying high in the sky

En route to Bannerdale Crags
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 03:40 PM

Great photo's everyone.
Blue sky and sun here. Still a bit nippy though.
Warm enough to dry the washing.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

05-04-2012, 03:51 PM

Our son-in-law has kindly installed our first large flat screen TV this afternoon ( we have had a couple of smaller ones), it is very swish.

The large JVC analogue TV is still in excellent working order and has brilliant sound quality, it was very expensive when we bought it about 10 years ago. I hope I can get rid of it on Freecycle, it would be a crime to take it down to the tip. If anyone on here is in spitting distance of Flintshire and wants it they are welcome.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 11:49 PM

A very late 'look-in' from me!

We have had our grandchildren for most of the day, took them to Horse World (for rescued horses) this morning where a few holiday events were being staged. We watched a demonstration of horse control by a very talented rider who welcomed questions after from the very enthusiastic children there.

The Police Dog Handlers also gave an exhibition of their skills with their wonderful police dogs. One of the policemen, acting as a criminal, went racing over the field and the dog handler sent his dog after him, he caught him in no time and held on until his master gave him the order to release hold. From that moment, the dog changed into a loveable playful dog, his work was done.......I thought it was amazing!

Lovely photos on here again ..... thanks everyone who has posted then!

Have a lovely Easter weekend everyone!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top