Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 07:55 AM

Blooming cold Wednesday

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-j1pGx_yqQ

It is a real winters day here, after the snow yesterday we have a dry dayand icy winds which makes it feel twice as cold. Hardly any of mother natures creatures are out and about, even the young hefers do not want to come out today.

Plans for today now that the weekly shopping is out of the way is to relax and enjoy the warmth of the house before we have to venture out this afternoon to visit a friend in hospital, she was rushed in yesterday with a suspected heart attack but last night we were informed that it was not a heart attack but they are doing tests for chest pains. When we return I am sure the fireside will be the place for the rest of the day.

Marian, it is along time since I was up Caldbeck way, I went to Rosley School doing H&S audits and called at an Outward bounds centre, whose name escapes me, on the way back just before I stopped working.

Have a great day everyone if we all sing loud enough it may just happen so come sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6cZKcRhQes
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 09:03 AM

Re: Blooming cold Wednesday

Good morning to everyone, sleet and gales here this morning but no matter, the fire is lit, the coffee is steaming away in my mug and I have nothing to do apart from look out on the wintry scene and be thankful for my lot...

No plans of any kind for today other than cooking chicken and veg for lunch, and perhaps a clear out of the old paperwork in the loft cupboards...

Have a great day if you can and hey, let's be careful out there..

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 09:18 AM

Good morning all it is trying to snow here but it is too wet to settle , what my Dad would call a 'Blackthorn winter ' white snow to go with the blackthorn flowers

I am off to the farm shop to buy meat and will spend the rest of the day cooking filling for pies/curry/spaghetti sauce to go in the freezer to take on holiday in a couple of weeks time.

Have a pleasant day whatever you are doing
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 09:57 AM

Wellington Monument, Glasgow Green.

Good Morning Bob, Meg, Barry and All Lovely sunny morning here now, which is so different from yesterday when we were minus 1 C most of the day! It was baltic outside and even Loki, with her thick fur coat, felt it cold!!

Hope the sun stays out today as I am going into Paisley in the afternoon with a friend, to get some messages.

Lovely photo Bob and links as well. Many thanks for sharing.

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Stay safe and take care - guid fowk are scarce
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 12:38 PM

Good morning all. It's back to Wintery rain today with the high near 12C. The experts are calling for much warmer and dryer weather for this coming holiday weekend.

I've just accepted an invitation to join friends for Easter dinner this Sunday. I always enjoy visiting Warren's parents. They've been like family since moving to Oregon 6 years ago.

Still no further word on my new camera's arrival date. I still have my wonderful D7000 Nikon to bring with me on Easter Sunday. Maybe next week I'll hear good news.

With occasional nice days sprinkled into the week I'm not going bonkers being cooped up in my apartment. I'll head out to McDonald's this morning as usual and wait for an expected phone call to make an initial appointment to start receiving Veteran's Medical Benefits. That's my day.

Have a good day all.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 12:48 PM

Hello everyone it's a cold, damp and drizzly day here, the heating is on and I'm going nowhere!

I'm hoping it will brighten up tomorrow as we are planning to take Katie and Jamie to Horse World, a horse rescue not too far away.

Bob, I hope your friend in hospital will be alright.

Ashton Court Estate

Enjoy your day and keep warm!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 01:06 PM

Good afternoon everybody and what a cold wind it is. At least its dry though and we have intermittent sunshine.

Had work in Keswick first thing and it all looked beautiful with fresh snow on the fells. Of course there was no way I was coming home without a photostop! So I went to Castlerigg stone circle and took a few snaps

Home for the rest of the day now and have a couple of doggie visitors who will need walking.

Hope your neighbour goes on ok AB.

Here's a photo I took earlier

mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

04-04-2012, 04:09 PM

Good afternoon all.............its really cold here but at least there's no snow today.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 04:22 PM

had a realtive saying on face book it had been snowing in darwin lancs
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 06:10 PM

Good evening all, it's very cold here today, but we have plenty of sun. Great pictures today, very fancy looking deer Mags, that must be the royal herd. We have a Wellington monument in Dublin too Rosemary, they look very similar.
Enjoy the evening Folks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top