Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2012, 06:53 AM

Birthday Tuesday

For Doris Mary Ann Kappelhoff; April 3, 1924

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_qv34QIccE

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vwNe...eature=related

What a day this is, the rain is persistently coming down and creating large puddles everywhere, the wind is icy cold and driving the rain and it has not got light yet.
Mother natures creatures are everywhere, walking down the bridle path they were darting in and out of the hedgerows, Seagulls were circling above like Vultures eyeing up their breakfast, the cry of a Fox could be heard soundling like it was in pain,, Cows were trying to get back to the farm, which they had olny just left, for some reason and a Horse had just left it's calling card on the ground.

Plans for today are a visit to Keswick to meet with friends followed by lunch at some local establishment then the afternoon will be for relaxing and possibly doing some surfing.

Have a great day everyone and remember its all in the mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxP_9...eature=related
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2012, 08:26 AM

Re: Birthday Tuesday

Glencoe Lochan (taken a couple of years ago)

Good Morning Bob and Everyone Back to winter up here - snow!! It is lying on the grass and cars but pavements and roads just wet! I knew the sun was too good to be true! Probably this is the real start to our Scottish summer! I've seen it snow out here in June (when I first moved out to the place with my late parents and late big brother).

Happy birthday to one of my all time favourites, Doris Day. Many thanks, Bob, for the info and for the link! I enjoyed it.

Thanks for the other links as well. Beautiful photograph as well.

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care and stay safe
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2012, 09:16 AM

Good morning everyone distinctly chill here and a big change from previous days.

I am planning to do lots of cooking today to fill the freezer so that should keep me warm

Enjoy your day whatever you decide to do
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2012, 09:58 AM

Good morning all. Yesterday was a beautiful, warm day, the warmest of 2012 for sure. It got to 20C which prompted me to get out the camera gear and scooter for a ride to the zoo. It was so pleasant that scores of parents were out with their little kids. I captured one in bliss interacting with the Lorikeet Parrots. He is just being freed by his mom to go get one. Don't you love the hats? I titled this shot:

"Stand Back Mom, I've Got This One"!

marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2012, 11:27 AM

Good morning everybody. What a change in the weather, its been raining and is quite windy and cold, but at least no snow although it is forcast for the higher ground

Am having a stress free day today to catch up on the neverending office stuff and need to find a few hours to do some housework as have a couple of 4-legged visitors tomorrow for 2 days so wont get any done whilst they are here.

Lovely photos again....keep them coming Here's one of the fells nearest to me. They are the Uldale Fells (I believe) nr Caldbeck. They are not as high or as rugged as some of the other fells but are very easy to walk on.

Have a good time in Keswick AB, I'm there early tomorrow morning! Enjoy the rest of your day folks

Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2012, 11:36 AM

Lovely photo Bob

Beautiful place that, MP! I love mountain ranges and seeing the views from the tops of them!

Many thanks for sharing
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2012, 11:39 AM

Good morning all, showery with the odd bit of sunshine breaking through the clouds, breezy too. I have some small jobs I promised to do today, repairs mostly, so it's a day in the shed for me. Great pictures, they cheer me up when I come to this thread.
Take it easy folks.

A small stream in the Wicklow Mountains.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2012, 12:46 PM

Lovely photographs everyone
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2012, 12:48 PM

Hello everyone sunny intervals but a bit on the chilly side today.

No special plans here, washing on the line and shopping done.

Great photos everyone, I thought I would add one as well today

Blaise Castle, Bristol. (I didn't take the photo!)

Enjoy your day, folks!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2012, 01:56 PM

Afternoon everyone...pouring with rain here in the Midlands but we sure need it, as long as it stays rain and doesn't turn to snow as is forecast later..

All the odd jobs done, the fire is lit and just enjoying a cuppa and a moment of your company before reaching for my book..

Great pictures everyone, this thread is becoming a real treat..

Have a good day all...

Barry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top