Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 07:29 AM

Laughable Monday

Good morning folks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWVshkVF0SY

It is not as cold this morning as we have a heavy cloud base which proobably means there will be rain about.
We had a laugh at mother natures creatures this morning, we were watching a Seagull and a Crow having a debate about some food, they were attacking each other in a ferocious way and it did look horrific, meanwhile a Blackbird swooped down and made off with the food, an Opportunist knowing how to survive.
Lots of Sparrows darting in and out of the hedgerows grabbing food and disappearing back whense they came.

Plans for today are a wander round the stores looking for a new hearth rug to match the new curtains and cushions. Lunch at some local establishment and an afternoon of relaxing with a book and some soothing music, Cavalleria Rusticana - Intermezzo , it is good for getting to sleep Mags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MqTvfXIzug

Have a great day everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuI3ogcQjuI
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 09:05 AM

Re: Laughable Monday

A wee telephone box out in the middle of nowhere on road to Loch Awe

Good Morning Bob and Everyone Heavy clouds overhead so far but it isn't as cold as yesterday!

Love that photo Bob, and the music links. Many thanks for sharing.

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care and stay safe
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 09:18 AM

Good morning everyone another lovely day but I think it may be the last for a while .

Lots of little jobs to do today, as it is the Easter holiday there is no babysitting for swimming classes so my time is my own

Enjoy your day whatever you decide to do
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 11:26 AM

Morning everyone, dull and drizzly here in the Midlands but no matter, I've plenty of odd jobs inside to do today..

Pie and mash for lunch, and I've stewed up yet more fruit from the garden last year, but stocks in our freezer are certainly diminishing now...

Love the photos, we have holidayed around Loch Awe and Loch Long Rosemary, lovely part of the world indeed...

Have a great day folks and hey, let's watch out for one another today...

Barry
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 12:24 PM

Good morning all. I took a road trip yesterday to Camp 18 Restaurant just to have biscuits & gravy. It was delicious as usual. Later in the day it was a buffet restaurant with my friend, Warren, where soup & salad were the fare. All in all I ate too much. I'll be fasting for a week to even the keel. Here's a photo of the beautiful dining room of Camp 18, a converted logging camp. Today it's suppost to reach 19C & dry. Yeah!

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 12:40 PM

Hello everyone another bright and sunny day but a cooler 11ºC at the moment. It would be nice if the sunny weather could last over the Easter weekend. My daughter and her family are coming for the day on Easter Sunday, Katie and Jamie look forward to the Easter Egg hunt. I'll be preparing a buffet of all sorts (no, not the licorice kind!) for later in the day.

I love the photos today, I feel I'm missing out on so much beauty around and about.

Bob, thanks for the soothing music recommendation, I've made a note of it.

BobM, the Camp 18 Restaurant looks lovely ..... I can picture you sat at a table there. Can you explain what biscuits and gravy are, please? I've never heard that term before

Enjoy your day everyone!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Hello everyone another bright and sunny day but a cooler 11ºC at the moment. It would be nice if the sunny weather could last over the Easter weekend. My daughter and her family are coming for the day on Easter Sunday, Katie and Jamie look forward to the Easter Egg hunt. I'll be preparing a buffet of all sorts (no, not the licorice kind!) for later in the day.

I love the photos today, I feel I'm missing out on so much beauty around and about.

Bob, thanks for the soothing music recommendation, I've made a note of it.

BobM, the Camp 18 Restaurant looks lovely ..... I can picture you sat at a table there. Can you explain what biscuits and gravy are, please? I've never heard that term before

Enjoy your day everyone!
Biscuits and gravy is a popular breakfast dish in the United States, especially in the South.

It consists of soft dough biscuits covered in thick "country" or "white" gravy, made from the drippings of cooked pork sausage, white flour, milk, and often (but not always) bits of sausage, bacon, ground beef, or other meat. The gravy is often flavored with black pepper. In some parts of the southern United States this is also called sawmill gravy.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Biscuits and gravy is a popular breakfast dish in the United States, especially in the South.

It consists of soft dough biscuits covered in thick "country" or "white" gravy, made from the drippings of cooked pork sausage, white flour, milk, and often (but not always) bits of sausage, bacon, ground beef, or other meat. The gravy is often flavored with black pepper. In some parts of the southern United States this is also called sawmill gravy.

Wow! not at all what I was imagining, Bob! I was visualising sweet or digestive biscuits (thin flat ones) being dunked in a meaty gravy.

Yours sound quite appetising and filling to start the day off. Thanks for the explanation!
bobmielke
Portland, OR

02-04-2012, 02:16 PM

They are quite filling and yummy but I only ordered two biscuits this time around. I lived in the South 13 years before moving to Oregon, 3,000 miles away from the South. I enjoy this little delicacy now & then.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

02-04-2012, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
They are quite filling and yummy but I only ordered two biscuits this time around. I lived in the South 13 years before moving to Oregon, 3,000 miles away from the South. I enjoy this little delicacy now & then.
I love hearing about the different foods and dishes that folk have in their countries.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top