Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2012, 04:30 AM

A Magical Time

What's the latest time before you hit the hay? It's closing in on 4.30 a.m. and I don't feel the need to go to bed yet. I've been watching an old Alfred Hitchcock movie.

The latest I ever went to bed was just after 6.30 a.m. and my sole reason was because I wanted to see the sunrise for the first time in my life, but this was years ago.

It was warm and I had tried to sleep but couldn't, so I went back downstairs and outside again and just sat and waited. It was a very magical time for me.

What was your most magical time?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2012, 04:48 AM

Re: A Magical Time

No magical time but I stay up late, I love listening to Magic radio, I read and like to catch up on my e-mails, I'm too busy during the day so the evening is my relaxing time to do my research, sometimes comparing energy prices, interest rates, savings etc.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2012, 05:16 AM

the time that stands out for me was flying over grreenland 12 years ago
the flight was low so it was like watching a senic tv show over the mountians and looking all the ice the sea
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2012, 01:16 PM

I much prefer to go to bed at a reasonable time and rise early .I love early morning probably because I was used to getting up at 4.30 am for work .
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2012, 01:21 PM

Well we are ran by BST in our house, once the clocks are changed thats Phoebe, all to pot and demanding to get up,so its early mornings for me,if not you can sustain bruises from her walking all over you to wake you up.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2012, 01:44 PM

I sleep in chunks due to nighttime leg cramps. I generally get to sleep early at 8 or 9 but always manage to awake just around midnight. I'll stay up for less than an hour before returning to sleep until 4-5 in the morning. I'm generally in the shower around 5. This morning I washed dishes and cleaned my kitchen at 5.

Retirement has me grabbing naps throughout the day whenever I feel the need. All and all I feel rather refreshed because of the lack of a steady time to sleep.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2012, 02:52 PM

As a general rule I'm to my bed around 11.30 pm.
I like the morning time, especially during the Spring and Summer, when the wildlife activity is at it's busiest.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2012, 03:33 PM

Like Bob, our sleep pattern is a bit erratic. I just don't have a 'bed-time'. If I've had a few bad nights I'm happy going to bed at 9pm. and because we both like mornings, it's not a problem getting up at 5am. I do try to stay in bed 'til 7am in winter though.
Hearing the dawn chorus and watching the sunrise - magic.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2012, 03:58 PM

I used to be up till very late but now try to keep more sensible hours
What was your most magical time?
There have been many
..in my kennel days watching the dawn come up over the orchard cup of tea in hand having been up all night delivering a litter of puppies (they are frequently born at night).

..moonlit walks on the Malverns with my dog and husband to be.

Now it is watching my twin grandchildren go to sleep all snuggled up in their cots
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

01-04-2012, 03:59 PM

I usually go to bed between 9and10pm. I always get up by 7.30am.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top