Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 07:14 PM

Growing Old!

How true this is, I don't remember where I got this from, so I guess that must mean I am getting old although I don't feel it.
Enjoy

• Growing Old
Boy, this really hits the nail on the head! Cleverly put. TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

Observations on Growing Older ~Your kids are becoming you...and you don't like them...but your grandchildren are perfect! ~Going out is good..
Coming home is better!

~When people say you look "Great"...they add "for your age!"

~When you needed the discount, you paid full price.
Now you get discounts on everything...movies, hotels, flights, but you're too tired to use them.

~You forget names.... but it's OK because other people forgot they even knew you!!!

~The 5 pounds you wanted to lose is now 15 and you have a better chance of losing your keys than the 15 pounds.

~You realize you're never going to be really good at anything.... especially golf.

~Your spouse is counting on you to remember things you don't remember.

~The things you used to care to do, you no longer care to do, but you really do care that you don't care to do them anymore.

~Your spouse sleeps better on a lounge chair with the TV blaring than he or she does in bed. It's called their "pre-sleep".

~Remember when your mother said,"Wear clean underwear in case you GET in an accident"?
Now you bring clean underwear in case you HAVE an accident!

~You used to say, "I hope my kids GET married...
Now, "I hope they STAY married!"

~You miss the days when everything worked with just an "ON" and "OFF" switch..

~When GOOGLE, ipod, email, modem....
were unheard of, and a mouse was something that made you climb on a table

~You tend to use more 4 letter words ...
"what?"..."when?"... ???

~Now that you can afford expensive jewelry, it's not safe to wear it anywhere.

~Your husband/wife has a night out with the guys or gals but is home by 9:00 P.M. Next week it will be 8:30 P.M.

~You read 100 pages into a book before you realize you've read it.

~Notice everything they sell in stores is "sleeveless"?!!!

~What used to be freckles are now liver spots.

~Everybody whispers.

~Now that your spouse has retired ...
you'd give anything if he/she would find a job!

~You have 3 sizes of clothes in your closet ...
2 of which you will never wear.

~~~~But old is good in some things:
old songs,
old movies,
And best of all, OLD FRIENDS
Love you, "OLD FRIEND!"
Send this on to other "Old Friends!" andlet them laugh in AGREEMENT!!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 07:18 PM

Re: Growing Old!

That's brilliant, Arthur .....and so true!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 08:14 PM

Most of them ring a bell with me Arthur.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 08:20 PM

That's really good.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 08:22 PM

...frightening isn't it?
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 08:25 PM

Look on the bright side, when you get old and start forgetting things, it will be a new life.
You'll be meeting new friends every day, and there will be no repeats on the telly.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 08:26 PM

I'm not quite at that stage yet, but it is a bit scary.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 09:09 PM

I think I am on the way Mollie, I was talking to a chap yesterday, he knew me, and I knew him from somewhere, but I cant for the life of me think where
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 09:30 PM

My biggest worry is the big dreaded Alzheimer's, when you are likely to forget everything that you have ever learn't and ever met, even your spouse.
Now that is frightening, I can't think of any thing worse, and it can hit the young as well the old.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 09:31 PM

Been there ,done that.My most used sentence.. sorry but do I know you, to people who live on the same park as me,on the park I know them but meet them outside and its goodnight Vienna!.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top