Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2012, 01:47 AM

Leap Forward

Don't forget to put your clock on an hour on Sunday. Isn't it wonderful to be having light nights again until October?

When you put all your clocks forward, don't forget to put your clock forward on the forum as well!

I hate dark early nights, so I am welcoming the light nights to come soon.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2012, 09:18 AM

Re: Leap Forward

Me too Mollie. I don't get home from work until 7pm so now it will be light. Such lovely weather at the moment too so it will be lovely to have the lighter evenings
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2012, 09:26 AM

I'm also looking forward to the lighter evenings but silly me has arranged to collect a dog at 9am Sunday morning, realised afterwards that the clock go forward, so not looking forward to getting up at the crack of dawn
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2012, 11:37 AM

Thanks for the reminder, I might actually get it right this year just for a change. It's already around 7.30 p.m. before it goes dark here. When we lived in Kenya it was dark by 6.30 p.m. all year round, that I don't miss at all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2012, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Don't forget to put your clock on an hour on Sunday. Isn't it wonderful to be having light nights again until October?

When you put all your clocks forward, don't forget to put your clock forward on the forum as well!

I hate dark early nights, so I am welcoming the light nights to come soon.
The clock is usually changed automatically on the forum, Mollie
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

24-03-2012, 06:02 PM

I have a lot of clocks so will start changing them after our evening meal. The light nights will be lovely.

The weather has been so warm today I am actually wearing shorts. I can't remember wearing them in March before!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2012, 06:23 PM

Going to change ours after tea...thanks for the reminder Mollie.
Only ever forgot them once, when we used to go to a club for a Sunday lunchtime drink..arrived in time for last orders
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2012, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Thanks for that Mags. It will save me having to puzzle it out.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2012, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Mags I think members can select the time appropriate to their region.
To do this go to 'Control Panel',
..now 'Edit Options',
..now down the page to 'Time Zones' , it looks like this.. .

Time Zone
All timestamps displayed on the forums can be automatically corrected to show the correct time for your location in the world. Simply select the appropriate time zone from the list below.
Time Zone:
In addition, you may set the appropriate option to allow for daylight savings time in your part of the world.
DST Correction Option:
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2012, 07:07 PM

I will miss the light mornings for a week or two, but any more daylight is welcome, whatever end of the day...

p.s. Why do we have to change the clocks in the middle of the night, when if they changed at lunchtime say, we would all be awake anyway to do it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top