Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2012, 02:41 AM

Shoppers

It's probably me, but how many of you get frustrated with other shoppers?

Tonight I called in at Aldi after work and got caught up with an older couple on my travels around the supermarket who made a point of speaking loudly to each other as to what or what not they should buy.

Just one conversation:

Her: Well, I'd best ger'a block of cheese being as madam is coming round.

Him: Oh aye, ya'd best ger'a block of cheese otherwise there'll be bother.

Her: Yes, I'll get a block of cheese.

Him: Aye, alright then.

Her: Wot sort shall we get?

Him: Wot sort does she like?

Her: D'ya think she'll fancy a pizza for tea?

Him: Aye, her might.

Her: Wot sort o' topping shall I get then?

Him: What does her like?

I tried my best to escape them, but kept finding myself either in front of them or behind them. A similar conversation went on about literally every item they put into the trolley, at a volume that the whole store could hear! Grrrr, they did my head in!
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2012, 02:43 AM

Re: Shoppers

lol molie can just imagane
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2012, 02:48 AM

Honestly, they were driving me bonkers! Normally it's a quiet time on a Thursday evening, but it was busy tonight for a change, and I got this pair twittering on!

They'd had all day to do their shopping, but they just had to be there when I was going home from work when I was tired!

I won't tell you how they decided on which sort of frozen chips to buy! Fat chips, thin chips, oven chips, crinkly chips, Southern Fried.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2012, 09:25 AM

I won't tell you how they decided on which sort of frozen chips to buy! Fat chips, thin chips, oven chips, crinkly chips, Southern Fried.

That depends on where they were wearing them after you lost your Temper Mollie darlin'
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2012, 10:06 AM

The shoppers that really really bug me are the ones at the front of a long cheque out queue who are searching through their bags for a card to pay with. That one doesn't work, try another, and another, they have wallets full of cards but no cash. Then we have the British tourists who think that every country takes sterling, they didn't think they'd need euros!
The ones who really wind me up to boiling point are the ones who want to pay by card for a bottle of water (or some other bottled drink) and a bar of chocolate, and yes we see that almost every day.

Yesterday I was in our local Lidl and there were two German men who seemed to be either in front or just behind me the whole time I was in there. They were picking things up, putting things down, one of them had a heavy cold and was sneezing continually, no handkerchief used. I was desperately trying to keep well away from them but it seemed impossible.
When I got to the check out there they were in front of me again but now they decided they didn't want half of what they had in their trolley so they just took out a couple of things to pay for and left the trolley and the rest of the things where they were. The check out assistant had to call for someone to come and remove it.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2012, 04:24 PM

I think we should all realise that with any luck at all we are all going to get old, also some of us will be deaf.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2012, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
I think we should all realise that with any luck at all we are all going to get old, also some of us will be deaf.
Or maybe shop online thus avoiding any human contact whatsoever
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2012, 07:27 PM

I dunno you lot...
we old people are moaned at if we shop in the morning, 'cos all you
youngsters want to shop then.
We are moaned at if we shop lunchtime, 'cos you youngsters are rushing around in your lunch-hour.
We are moaned at if we shop in the afternoon, 'cos we should be at home having a nap.
We are moaned at if we shop at tea-time, 'cos all the mums are in, with their kids.
We are moaned at if we shop at night, 'cos that's when those who work go shopping.
We are moaned at if we shop on Saturday, 'cos it's a family day.
We are moaned at if we shop on Sunday, 'cos we should be home cooking roast dinners for all the family.

You youngsters just don't realise how short a time we old'uns have left..leave us alone
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2012, 07:48 PM

Aye, but Mollie's not a youngster Janela, far from it.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2012, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
Aye, but Mollie's not a youngster Janela, far from it.
Just an old grump herself then

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top