Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 03:13 PM

I was wondering.

Reading the thread about Master Chef got me thinking about the way some restaurants present their food.

It has become an art form but to be honest I like a little more on my plate than they give and a little less fuss. Although I would like to try it but I think the purse would not allow
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 04:50 PM

Re: I was wondering.

I think that may be the idea mesco, but it does look nice.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 07:17 PM

I don't envy fans of "fine dining" at all, and I wouldn't thank you for most of what they dish up, I'm more of a pie and mash man myself....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 07:26 PM

I'm afraid I don't like my food 'messed' with. I like our local carvery, good meat sliced in front of you and lots of roast or boiled veg to choose from.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 07:41 PM

I like a proper meal not a fancy one!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 07:55 PM

I must say that an awful lot of time, effort and dedication goes into producing those tiny meals
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2012, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I must say that an awful lot of time, effort and dedication goes into producing those tiny meals
I can see where Mesco is coming from here, and the food that is produced at La Gavroche and other fancy restaurants is nothing to do with being hungry, but more of a taste experience.

Nouvelle Cuisine is nowt to do with going for a slap-up meal because you only get tiny portions, which are extremely expensive, but you pay for the art-work involved which is very clever, not that I could ever afford food like that, although I would like to at least try some of it as well.

On Master Chef there was a starter served up and it mentioned that that particular starter would cost 90 Euros in a 3-Star Michelin restaurant. I don't know what 90 Euros is, but it sounds like a lot of dosh for a starter!
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2012, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I don't know what 90 Euros is, but it sounds like a lot of dosh for a starter!
At todays rate its £74.9484 . I think I'd want more than a starter for that money
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2012, 12:20 AM

Ooooh thanks, Lynne. That is a lot of money just for a starter which even for me would just be a mouthful.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2012, 12:32 AM

Have only had one meal served like that, and it was at my Niece's wedding reception 12 months ago. The presentation was perfect and the food delicious, but just not enough of it, especially for the men, who later filled up with fish and chips from a chippy they found a couple of miles away from the hotel we were at!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top