Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 08:14 AM

Wonderful life Thursday

Good morning everyone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBci1...eature=related

I had a dream that I was lying on the ground one early spring morning, with my eyes closed, listening to mother natures sounds. I started to count the number of different bird songs that I could hear, as I got to the eleventh I suddenly realised that I was not dreaming, the sounds were coming in through the open bedroom window. As I lay there I thought how lucky I am to have Mother nature call to wake me when most people only have the humdrub noise of boxes on wheels passing the bedroom.
I was thinking Life can not get better when 'she who must be obey 'stirred beside me and started to awake , I just thought now I can get up and go out and see mother nature for real. Isnt life Wonderful.

Plans for today are a drive down to Grange over Sands for the day before returning home and having friends round for an evening meal.

Have a great day everyone and dont forget,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgJy8ZKHoWY
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 08:53 AM

Re: Wonderful life Thursday

Good morning Bob and all to follow.

Yes Bob it's great to be alive, and a priviledge to live in a country such as ours. Foggy old start though again this morning, the sun never got through yesterday and doesn't look like it will today...

No plans yet other than cooking a curry for lunch and taking Mrs PM to the hairdresser's for a snip.

Happy birthday Carmen and have a grest day everyone...

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 10:12 AM

Dunnotar Castle

Good Morning Bob, Barry and Everyone Well another gey dreich and heavy overcast morning up here! Did someone say it was Spring?

Going into Glasgow to meet a friend and go for a coffee and a bit to eat, maybe if time permits a wee walk around "my" city as well - I do love Glasgow

Hope you all enjoy a good day today, whatever you do and whatever the weather!

Love those clips, Bob, and your stunning photo as well. Many thanks for sharing
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 10:15 AM

Good morning fellow members cold and damp here today with thick fog.

I am waiting for some men to come and top up the insulation in the loft. I hate having any workman in the house.

I will go and help with the babies when they have gone, my Daughter in Law has been quite poorly though I am not feeling too good myself.

Stay safe and have a pleasant day everyone .
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 10:48 AM

Hi everyone. It was thick fog at home this morning but now bright sunshine in London. The BBC forecast said it could reach 20 degrees in London today
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 11:31 AM

Good morning all, dull and cloudy here but quite warm. I'm glad you're in such fine form AB, I was noisily awakened by the chap next door trying to get his banger on wheels started, what a racket!. Yes Meg, having workers in the house does upset things, but they'll soon be gone. Nothing special on for me today, just another lazy day.
Take good care of yourselves Folks.

I love the old Castles Rosemary, if those walls could only speak, what tales they could tell.
This one is Clifden Castle in Co. Galway.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 11:49 AM

Oh thank you so much, Jemflux, for posting that photo - I've been there and we (my late brother and his pals and I) stayed in a guest house at Clifden!! In fact, the part of the house I was in was a new part - the water was switched off at 7 pm in the evening until about 8 am next morning (don't know why). I locked the door going to bed and next morning I couldn't get it opened! I decided to wash my face but no water! I waited until I heard the boys (men really) and had to shout on them - they couldn't get the door opened either! I had to end up opening the window and my big brother had to go out the landing window onto the sloping roof of the downstairs extension and get my overnight bag from me and I then had to climb out the window and climb (very gingerly) up the slope of the roof and in the landing window We were all sitting at the breakfast table when the landlady came rushing in to ask had I turned on the tap and I said yes (remembering then I hadn't turned it off) and the plug was in the wash basin I flooded the poor soul's room and the room underneath as well - which was the kitchen!! She had 6 children, all who helped serve our breakfast! so, I never forgot my stay there! We had a picnic just to the right of your photo!

Dunnottar Castle dates way back in Scottish history - and if you ever come to Scotland (anyone here) it is well worth the journey!! There are lovely caves as well!

http://www.dunnottarcastle.co.uk/

Many thanks again for bringing back memories to me, Jemflux!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->

Dunnottar Castle dates way back in Scottish history - and if you ever come to Scotland (anyone here) it is well worth the journey!! There are lovely caves as well!

http://www.dunnottarcastle.co.uk/

Many thanks again for bringing back memories to me, Jemflux!
Thanks for solving a mystery for me Rosemary, I've seen a picture of that castle a hundred times on one of my screensavers but never knew where it was....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 01:47 PM

Hello everyone

A misty and chilly start to the day and it's only reached 5ºC now It seems Spring has gone back into its shell

Nothing special on the cards for today, just the usual chores.

I love the photos being posted on this thread, it lovely to see the surrounds of where our members live .... thanks to all who have posted them!

Oh dear Meg, you can't escape from all these germs, can you? I hope you start to improve soon .... also the babes and your DIL.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
Dunnotar Castle

Good Morning Bob, Barry and Everyone Well another gey dreich and heavy overcast morning up here! Did someone say it was Spring?

Going into Glasgow to meet a friend and go for a coffee and a bit to eat, maybe if time permits a wee walk around "my" city as well - I do love Glasgow

Hope you all enjoy a good day today, whatever you do and whatever the weather!

Love those clips, Bob, and your stunning photo as well. Many thanks for sharing
Good morning all. You have no idea that to say you're going to Glasgow it represent a land far far away from my life. I would love to be able to travel to such a place and photograph everything for months.

I realize that I too am blessed to live in a beautiful place. I've lived in other parts of our huge country that were really drab in comparison. Keep the pictures coming and have a great day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top