Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2012, 06:25 PM

Old reccord player

my granson was verry intersted in looking and playing it
yestrday he loved the reccords we went to a thrift store he bought 3
oldies lps and he says this is better that what i play on my i phone how do records work
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2012, 06:58 PM

Re: Old reccord player

Originally Posted by pixie ->
my granson was verry intersted in looking and playing it
yestrday he loved the reccords we went to a thrift store he bought 3
oldies lps and he says this is better that what i play on my i phone how do records work
Funny isn't it Pixie, my Grandson Sean (13) was delighted when I took my old record player down from the attic a few weeks ago, he couldn't believe we had to do all that just to hear a tune, made me feel ancient.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2012, 07:56 PM

lol jemflux same here my grandson is the same age
hes comming around tonight hes bring the lp he bought
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 08:20 AM

Would make his eyes open even wider if he saw (pre electric) gramaphones that had to be wound up and needles changed.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 08:37 AM

I've still got an old Dansette record player that gets used much too infrequently these days, so now that you've reminded me I must get it out and dust it off sometime soon...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 10:17 AM

I have got lots of records in the loft but no record player .
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have got lots of records in the loft but no record player .
You can buy a device Meg that will transfer the music from the record to your computer but its quite expensive and once you've done it you won't use it again. I have ditched all my LPs as a result.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 10:45 AM

Its funny how quickly things move on. I play my ipod all the time when i am sat on a bus, but we still have lps it makes me laugh when you are listening away and it sticks in a groove.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
You can buy a device Meg that will transfer the music from the record to your computer but its quite expensive and once you've done it you won't use it again. I have ditched all my LPs as a result.
Not just LPs I have some singles, pop music from the 1950s which my brother threw away in my direction . It's so long since I saw them I am not sure what they are. I will get around to giving them to a charity shop sometime.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 09:31 PM

Meg, don't be too quick to give those old singles away, or LPs for that matter, especially if they're in their original sleeves as they could be worth a lot of money.

Some of my Elvis LPs are worth £20 each now such as Blue Hawaii and GI Blues. I haven't checked on every LP I've got as I've about 400, but betwixt them some will be worth summat.

A good few years ago Gordon bought me an "old-fashioned" new record player. It has a radio with it, and plays, 8", 33s and 78s. I must admit I haven't used it much, but I do sometimes like to play my old records.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top