Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 08:07 AM

Travel Friday

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AQ4T...eature=related
Another cold day with Mother natures creatures searching for food and coming right up to you to get it. A wind that could freeze hell and no signs of it going away.
The farm was deadly quiet and the sheep did not run away from the hedgerow as we passed them so they must be feeling the cold wind.

Plans for today are the usual ones for Friday, cleaning my study, then Fish and Chips for lunch followed by a leisurely drive to Swindon to my daughters for the week-end.
Thank you for the Birthday wishes for my daughter, I passed them all on last night when we spoke on the phone.

Rosemary I hope Loki's blood tests went OK, fingers crossed and a (((((Hug))))) coming his way.

Have a lovely day everyone and I shall see you all again on Monday. Take care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOCjly3Qn-o
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 09:47 AM

Re: Travel Friday

Crinan Canal

Good Morning Bob and Everyone Looks to be a very stormy day up here. The sun was out (still is) but it is heavy rain now! There are huge black clouds coming over from the West and I am sure our weather up here today - and most like the weekend, will be bad! Nothing unusual there!

Loki was, as always, brilliant at the vet! She went down on all 4's with her right leg spread out for the vet to put the band round her upper leg and he had to use the shaver to get to the skin this time - but she didn't mind him doing it as she does like him (doesn't like the other vet) but Mr Kerr is very gentle with her. He had a bother trying to get her vein - hence the reason he had to shave her leg! He got the first phial filled and he put it down - and it fell over, Loki's eyes, I was sure, rolled up in her head He got 3 samples and will call me when he gets the results, hopefully by Monday!

Many thanks Bob for asking for her!

Hope you and your wife have a lovely weekend at Swindon, safe journey to you both, there and back!

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

I am going into Glasgow to meet a friend, probably just stay in the Central Station though if the weather is as bad - will have a coffee and something to eat in Franco's in the station!

Take care all and stay safe.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 10:20 AM

Good morning fellow members dry and dull but not a bad day.
I am going to be busy with 2 lots of babysitting first in the afternoon then again all evening so I need to get lots done before then.

Rosemary I hope Loki's results are as hoped and no further adjustments are needed .

Have a peaceful and pleasant day everyone
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 10:33 AM

A very good morning to you all.

Overcast but dry and mild today so I've a few jobs to catch up with outside before cooking chicken stir fry for lunch. An afternoon with a book then beckons methinks, crikey it's tough this retirement.....

Bob, have a good weekend but how on earth do you take a relaxing drive on a motorway on a Friday afternoon...

Rosemary, hope all goes well with Loki's results, me and the pups are rooting for you both...

Meg, with the amount of baby sitting that you do you should be able to retire soon on the proceeds...

Have a great day all and hey, let's be careful out there..

Barry
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 11:11 AM

Good morning all, dull and dreary here today but a slight bit warmer. I got an email from an old workmate I haven't seen in years and we arranged to meet at lunchtime for a drink and a chat, looking forward to it, he's a real genuine bloke
Hope the news is good rosemary.
This is the halfpenny bridge, it would cost you a halfpenny to cross it in days of yore, my wife still gets the jitters when we cross it.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 11:54 AM

Two more great pictures, I like to see these of your local places.
Rosemary I hope Loki's test results come back with 'nothing needing changing', I remember going through this balancing act with meds for years with Murphy. Glad you have such a good vet for her. Meg, more babysitting for you then, good luck. I have our oldest grandchild (9) here today ill and off school while mum and dad are at work. Today I am not sure if the weather has made up it's mind, very still and dry out there, no sun as yet.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 12:04 PM

Good morning all. We've had some lovely photos posted recently. I wonder if these are recent or remembered shots.

I had a great bit of fun myself yesterday visiting the zoo to try out my new lens. I'm very pleased with the results. Now I can't wait to see what it can do on the new camera body on order. That should arrive by the end of March. Until then I'll continue using it on my other camera.

We have a chance for another nice day today with the temperature approaching 16C. Yesterday it climbed to 19C which explains the nice turnout at the zoo. I can't wait for this type of weather to become our norm. I could use the exercise.

It's off to McDonald's this morning followed by an adventure somewhere before the weather turns back to cold rain the rest of the week. This time of year there can be wild swings in climate. Have a great day folks!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 12:48 PM

Good morning everyonel Quite a windy day today albeit quite mild and dry! We nearly got blown away this morning whilst walking Bonnie on the marsh. She's being a little strange at the moment and will only walk so far and if I turn around to see where she is she wants to turn back. She still loves to carry the ball though. May try her on a different part of the marsh next week to see if that makes a difference.

Hope the results are good for Loki on Monday and AB have a good weekend with your daughter and I hope she has a great birthday

I also love the photos being posted at the moment, may even dig out one myself Jem, that one you posted of halfpenny bridge brings back memories as my ex proposed to me on that very bridge!! He took me to Dublin for a surprise weekend away - he knew that I was born there and had always wanted to see my birth city as I left when I was a baby Sadly though the marriage didn't last

I'm off to Carlisle soon for work and have some other jobs to do whilst there.

Emjoy the rest of your day folks
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 01:41 PM

Hello everyone a dry but overcast day here but it is still pleasant regardless of no sun siting yet.

Have completed all my usual house jobs this morning so the rest of the day is mine to do as I please.

Jem mentioned that the Halfpenny Bridge still gives his wife the jitters to cross, it made me think of our Suspension Bridge here - if you walk across it when there is a particularly strong wind, you can feel the bridge swaying ..... such a strange feeling that stops you in your tracks!

Clifton Suspension Bridge at night.

Enjoy your day and weekend ahead folks!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 02:32 PM

I've never seen the Clifton Suspension Bridge at night like this before Mags, it's striking. We lived in Bristol for a few years when I was little and crossed it on a day out sometimes. Yes it does sway something awful and our old grandad visiting us from London had to turn back! He came through WW1 in the trenches bless him but that bridge did him in

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top