Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 10:22 PM

Japanese speech jammer.

I'm sure you've all heard of a new gadget from Japan. It's the Japanese speech Jammer, obviously invented by a nagged husband. I don't yet know how to copy news links, but look it up and you'll see a picture of it if you don't believe me, maybe someone would be kind enough to post it.
Delayed Auditory Feedback, is the way it works and it's good for 100Ft distance. A microphone attached to the device picks up the words being said, then plays them back 0.2 seconds later, the Human brain, hearing this echo effect, becomes confused and interprets it as silence. The device has no harmful effects. Fella's, you want to be one the ball for this one, I can see them selling like hot cakes.
Mother-in-law jokes welcome.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 11:26 PM

Re: Japanese speech jammer.

Found this link from the Washington Post, Jem .....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...wprss=blogpost
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2012, 12:35 AM

Thanks Mags. Seriously though think of the good uses it could be put to, for example, preventing household rows between a couple, they could have one each and have a sort of 'Duel' aiming it at each other, and if there were children present they wouldn't hear anything abusive, another good use is when politicians come knocking at your door at election time, door to door salesmen, bad singers in pubs etc.. I think it's a good invention.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2012, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Thanks Mags. Seriously though think of the good uses it could be put to, for example, preventing household rows between a couple, they could have one each and have a sort of 'Duel' aiming it at each other, and if there were children present they wouldn't hear anything abusive, another good use is when politicians come knocking at your door at election time, door to door salesmen, bad singers in pubs etc.. I think it's a good invention.
I would make the No. 1 best seller at Christmas!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2012, 08:22 AM

Jem, he got the idea from here.

White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2012, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Jem, he got the idea from here.

Richard should have gotten one of those seat belts for his wife... Hyacinth in Keeping Up Appearances.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2012, 02:44 PM

Jem, thank goodness my husband doesn't read this, I will make sure I cut the article out of our paper too. He'd buy one in an instant!

I might even get one myself, there is one vicious person in our family I would love to silence while she's in mid flow!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top