Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2012, 01:11 PM

new puter

i just got a new laptop...if anyone got any hints on how to trannsfer all my e mails etc over ...i got the easy xfer
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2012, 01:45 PM

Re: new puter

Hi - have you tried logging in to your email account from the new computer? All my email stays on the server at rogers.com (where my email account is), not on my computer so I didn't have to transfer anything last time I got a new one. I can access email from any computer that way as long as I use my password and ID. If that's not the way yours is set up, hope somebody else here can help.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2012, 02:22 PM

i have a pop e mail account....i have storage folders on my computer which are not on my server as when my server gets full i have to move them
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2012, 03:57 PM

How about one of those Key things that you plug into the Computer and copy the Files then plug it into the new Computer and transfer the Files over.....can't remember what they're called but I'm sure you'll know the wee thing I mean.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2012, 05:06 PM

How about buying an external hard drive then you could transfer files between the 2 computers.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

04-03-2012, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
i just got a new laptop...if anyone got any hints on how to trannsfer all my e mails etc over ...i got the easy xfer
Steve,
Are you wanting to transfer email accounts, contacts and messages from one computer to another and also possibly the now non supported Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail?

I can talk you through the easiest way if you wish.
George.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2012, 07:23 PM

If you use Windows 7 you can back up the whole of your computer onto an external hard drive and then restore it to the new computer. A few things will need tweaking but all the data will be there...
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2012, 08:13 PM

Crikey what a performance,wont be changing mine then!
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

05-03-2012, 01:18 AM

ok....i done it i googled it and found a you tube vid .....i tried the windows easy transfer...that was to complicated.....i had a usb stick but there was no way to reinstall to the new mail prog in the end it was easy...just go into the drop down and click export messages on old puter....then go into same on new puter...you THEN copy onto a ex h/d ..and import took me 20 mins to do and 3 hrs to work out....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
ok....i done it i googled it and found a you tube vid .....i tried the windows easy transfer...that was to complicated.....i had a usb stick but there was no way to reinstall to the new mail prog in the end it was easy...just go into the drop down and click export messages on old puter....then go into same on new puter...you THEN copy onto a ex h/d ..and import took me 20 mins to do and 3 hrs to work out....
I'm glad you have sorted it, Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top