Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2012, 08:46 AM

Good Morning Saturday

A very good morning to you all from a wet and foggy morning here in Sherwood.

We are off to Chatsworth later to meet relatives there for lunch (no, not the Devonshires, more the pity..) so we're taking the dogs out before we go and our neighbour is taking them out again later so they are not too bored whilst we're gone...

Have a great day yourselves, and Happy Birthday Mags, don't eat too much cake..

Barry
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2012, 09:46 AM

Re: Good Morning Saturday

Happy Birthday Mags. Have a great day.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2012, 10:23 AM

Good Morning Barry and Everyone Another damp, dreich and miserable day up here again! Ach well, Spring is here!!

Hope you and yours enjoy a lovely afternoon at Chatsworth and hope too you enjoy a good walk with your dogs!

Happy Birthday Mags and hope you have a guid birthday!

Enjoy a lovely day everyone.

Take care and stay safe
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2012, 11:52 AM

I awake this morning to terrible news of the devastation due to tornadoes crossing the United state yesterday. Towns were flattened and at least 28 people lost their lives as Mother Nature laid a path of destruction through the Midwest & South.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/03/us/sev...html?hpt=hp_t1

My prayers and support are with all those who lost loved ones.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2012, 12:02 PM

Morning all..

Probably not do a lot today, kept awake most of last night with arthritis. Maybe go for a walk later...

Have a good day...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2012, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I awake this morning to terrible news of the devastation due to tornados crossing the United state yesterday. Towns were flattened and at least 28 people lost their lives as Mother Nature laid a path of destruction through the Midwest & South.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/03/us/sev...html?hpt=hp_t1

My prayers and support are with all those who lost loved ones.
My thoughts are with them too Bob, although until I saw the news I hadn't even realised it was tornado season yet, doesn't it usually start in late spring/summer?
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2012, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
My thoughts are with them too Bob, although until I saw the news I hadn't even realised it was tornado season yet, doesn't it usually start in late spring/summer?
Yes Barry they are getting an early start for sure. The average in the United States for yearly tonadoes is 150. Last year there were 550. Global warming is starting to have profound weather changes on the world's climates. Maybe folks don't care about the polar bears becoming extinct but when people die it gets their attention. I hope this isn't another record setting year. We don't have tonadoes in the Pacific Northwest.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2012, 12:10 PM

Good morning fellow members the rain has passed over and it is a sunny day .

I have been to the farm shop and come back laden with meat for a big cooking session for the freezer and a lovely piece of beef for a family lunch tomorrow so a busy day in store.

Barry enjoy your day at Chatsworth the mention of it brings back many memories. The old Duke was President of the local band of which my Dad was the secretary and as it was near my old home I spent many happy hours there walking in the park .

Have a pleasant day everyone
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2012, 01:04 PM

'afternoon Barry and all of you

Bob, as it happens I saw the first pictures of the hurricanes in America on the BBC rolling news this morning, it does look bad, much worse than last year, but that maybe because I didn't see or hear much about hurricanes last year. Maybe this so called 'climate change' thingy is having an effect. My sympathies go out to all those who have lost familly and friends and those who are now homeless.

Has been a really nice day here so will have to get out in the garden soon and tidy up a bit now that all the snow has gone.

Best wishes to you all.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2012, 01:10 PM

Good morning all, it started off nice this morning now it's looking like rain (I think Annie Muldoon put the kiss of the devil on my weather). It's going to be a lazy day for me watching the races and having a few sips of port.
Bob, very sad at the loss of life in the USA, not to mention all the homes destroyed, my prayers are with them.
Enjoy your day out Barry.
That arthritis is a terrible thing Graham, my Dad used to suffer from it a lot.
Make the best of your day Folks and stay safe.

Dublin has changed an awful lot since you were here Rosemary, I took this photo last September. All the old good pubs are gone now including the Mooney's chain, even Dublin's oldest pub has gone to the wall, all thanks to the useless smoking ban, the remaining pubs are more like restaurants now, smoke free, boring, and empty. Sorry, but I had to get my protest in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top