Join for free
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2012, 10:51 AM

Blooming Petrol Prices.

So sick of the rising cost of Petrol, Call Kaye has managed to get Danny Alexander on her Radio Programme and I've never heard so much Bluster and Ducking n Diving in all my Life........Typical Government Member. The North of Scotland and the Off Shore Islands have the dearest Petrol in the UK. Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrr
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2012, 11:03 AM

Re: Blooming Petrol Prices.

I don't even think about the price of petrol any more, it makes me cross and I can do nothing about it. It seems the price may go up again in the budget.

Living 2 miles from the nearest public transport I have little choice but to run a car so I just use it as rarely as possible.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2012, 11:08 AM

I have never understood the prices we pay for fuel, being an oil producing country. I have to drive for my work and this has taken yet another bite out of my money. As fuel goes up, everything else goes up.

The sore point is, if the price of oil goes down, how quick does it go down at the pumps (if at all)?

Grrr!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2012, 03:18 AM

It won't, Graham, and that really hacks me off. I was over in America almost four years ago and, because I was so shocked, I took a photo at the filling station of the prices on the fuel pumps. It was approximately 90c a GALLON then for petrol, which is like 45p here.

I'm lucky I suppose because I rarely have to put more than £10 per week in my car to get to work and back, and a bit of pottering around, but I feel for those who need to travel a lot.

Government taxation yet again comes to mind.
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2012, 05:29 AM

The Government take a real big wack with their fuel tax.....far too big.
Bridgefield
South uk
Bridgefield is female  Bridgefield has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2012, 08:14 PM

We're a captive audience aren't we? I live in a rural area where buses re like hens teeth so no good there. Let week I passed two petrol stations opposite each other, same supplier and one side was a penny cheaper than the other side. Now I know it's not much but how come?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top