Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2012, 08:43 AM

Quizz answers

Thanks for trying everyone.

Hammer,I know that Google have Heathrow in Hillingdon but the address is Hounslow.

Heathrow Airport Limited, The Compass Centre, Nelson Road, Hounslow, Middlesex, TW6 2GW

1. The Yardbirds

2. Good Friday

3. Elizabeth

4. 1994

5. Scafell Pike

6. Edgehill

7. The Hovercraft

8. Hounslow

9. 15years

10. The Knee Cap
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

01-03-2012, 09:19 PM

Re: Quizz answers

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Thanks for trying everyone.

Hammer,I know that Google have Heathrow in Hillingdon but the address is Hounslow.

Heathrow Airport Limited, The Compass Centre, Nelson Road, Hounslow, Middlesex, TW6 2GW
I am not sure exactly what it is you are trying to say but I may be one of very few people NOT to use Google or ever want to. I certainly have never had to find answers to any quiz by any other method than my memory.
As for the location of the airport itself, the question was, In which Greater London borough is Heathrow airport?

You are wrong, It is for certain Hillingdon, but in fact depending on what terminal you want it can be quite a few locations. For example, Hayes, Middlesex.

Heathrow itself is at the southern end of Hillingdon Borough and is or was when I was there last, surrounded by Harlington, Harmondsworth, Longford and Cranford in the north and by Hounslow and Hatton in the east.

The Compass Centre, that you incorrectly say is the address, is an large office building and lies in the grounds of the Airport, again in the Borough of Hillingdon. It is or was the BAA head office and used to be a BA flight crew centre.

Hope this clears things up.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 11:19 AM

Hammer. as you were the main person who answered the questions and others agreed with you that was the reason I put your name.

My daughter does lots of Health and Safety and Environmental audits at Heathrow, in fact she is there today and all of her official reports go to :-

Therefore the Official address is in Hounslow and is the answer to the question.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 01:05 PM

I would never suspect any member of using Google to fill in the answers, although the temptation is there, after all whats the point of cheating yourself, either you know the answer or you dont, which in my case is usually the negative, it's only a bit of fun and thanks AB for putting it together.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

05-03-2012, 01:44 PM

The main reason I responded was because of the inference that I had resorted to Google for my answers. Indeed we could all do this if we wanted to and yes it would be cheating and pointless. I have also specifically avoided Google as a search engine for other normal research as I have never liked the user information it harvests.

I am not at all clever but have hitherto enjoyed all sorts of quizzes and one can learn a lot from them. However, all these type of questions appear regularly in quizzes, both online and in our local ones, one cannot help but remember at least some of them.
Still, a valuable lesson learned here.

As for the location of Heathrow, we will have to agree to disagree but I find it somewhat strange that a nephew of ours lives on Hall Lane Harlington, Hillingdon. which is just across the road from the airport and is in the same borough.

I have also to wonder why the Hillingdon Borough logo does/did hang from a few of the piers at the airport also saying something about them and the BAA.
All that said, in the grand scheme of things it matters not.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

06-03-2012, 08:15 AM

Hammer, their are lots of company's that have parts of their business in a different area but the main office is where they are calssed to be situated.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

07-03-2012, 01:17 AM

I could of course point you to the boundary and borough changes including the Heathrow ward documents made in the early nineties. These and a few other documents including maps not listed by Google or anyone else however, I doubt if you would accept any of those so it is all rather pointless.

As I said before, we will have to agree to disagree and further discussion is futile.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top