Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2012, 02:31 PM

Who needs these unions?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17200835

If someone else came with this idea they would be arrested fo inciting peoplple to riot.

It just goes to show how low some union leaders will go to se their name in the headlines and how little they think of their country.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2012, 02:57 PM

Re: Who needs these unions?

The man is despicable like many a union leader, but I think he may have read this one wrong and hopefully it will backfire on him big time...
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2012, 03:43 PM

For those of us who work in London the whole Olympic thing will be hell on earth. I cannot wait for it all to be over. I dread the summer.
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2012, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
For those of us who work in London the whole Olympic thing will be hell on earth. I cannot wait for it all to be over. I dread the summer.
My Friend also lives in London, she's bailing out while the Games are on, and coming up to stay with me and get some peace, quiet, fresh air and hopefully some sun.

Yes AB.......The Unions are way out of line with this.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2012, 04:37 PM

Yes I didn't think it would be long before we heard from the 'usual suspects' about 'union bashing' again. It is a person's human and legal right to withdraw his/her labour at any time they choose to do so. If it happens during the Olympic games, that is just unfortunate and inconvenient for those who wish to attend the games, but sobeit and if a strike occurs, more power to their elbow.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2012, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by White Raven ->
My Friend also lives in London, she's bailing out while the Games are on, and coming up to stay with me and get some peace, quiet, fresh air and hopefully some sun.
They are expecting about 6 weeks of disruption what with people coming and going and the paralympics as well.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2012, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes I didn't think it would be long before we heard from the 'usual suspects' about 'union bashing' again. It is a person's human and legal right to withdraw his/her labour at any time they choose to do so. If it happens during the Olympic games, that is just unfortunate and inconvenient for those who wish to attend the games, but sobeit and if a strike occurs, more power to their elbow.

So you agree it is OK for union leaders to incite rioting Joe.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2012, 06:09 PM

Oh get real - a warning of possible strike action is NOT an incitement to riot however inconvenient it may be to you.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

29-02-2012, 06:16 PM

Joe it is not the strike I am talking about it is as he put it, Calling for civil disorder, that is inciting people to riot.

Quote: McCluskey said that, because of the seriousness of the issues at stake, he was encouraging the public to engage in "all forms of civil disobedience
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

29-02-2012, 06:24 PM

'Civil disobedience' is NOT an incitement to riot. 'Civil disobedience' can and has in the past taken many varied forms. Just because you're to be inconvenienced by those taking part in a 'civil disobedience - tough!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top