Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Liz121
New Member!
Sheffield,UK
Liz121 is female 

24-02-2012, 09:56 PM

Ladies-What are your thoughts on shopping online?

Hello ladies,

My granddaughter is currently completing her final year project at university and needs women to help fill out her online survey which is about using computers and shopping online. She has asked me to see if anyone would be able to spare 5 minutes to complete it. The link is here:

http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/820705...Internet-Usage

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 10:33 PM

Re: Ladies-What are your thoughts on shopping online?

Sorry Liz I don't fill in on line surveys in fact on our sister site they are not allowed except in the form of questions posted in a thread.

On line surveys can often be a way for organisations to obtain emails to use for the purpose of spamming.
Liz121
New Member!
Sheffield,UK
Liz121 is female 

24-02-2012, 10:50 PM

Sorry Meg. I thought it would be fine as it is not for commercial purposes...just trying to help out my GD. You also do not have to input your email address at any point in the survey
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Liz121 ->
Sorry Meg. I thought it would be fine as it is not for commercial purposes...just trying to help out my GD. You also do not have to input your email address at any point in the survey
Liz I am not going to look to find out Why not copy and paste the questions into the thread , you may get some replies then..
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Liz121 ->
Hello ladies,

My granddaughter is currently completing her final year project at university and needs women to help fill out her online survey which is about using computers and shopping online. She has asked me to see if anyone would be able to spare 5 minutes to complete it. The link is here:

http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/820705...Internet-Usage

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
I was happy to help and have filled in the survey, I participate in many surveys for payment that interest me and have done for many years, the rewards can be worthwhile, on one site I won the monthly draw of £150! I guess some people don't believe you can actually win anything but I'm proof that you can
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 01:58 AM

So sorry, but I don't click onto links either because in the past I've downloaded some nasty viruses, unless I know that they're trustworthy beforehand.

If this helps though, I never EVER shop online, and never will.

As Meg said, if you copy and paste the questions in here from the link, I'd be happy to have a look at it.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 02:08 AM

I often shop online, it's not a problem if you use a reputable site, I've bought regularly from Amazon as you are protected should you have any issues, EBay too, also well known outlets such as Currys and Comet, even purchased goods from the USA sites and had them delivered and gift wrapped to my american friends which saved on postage as they were delivered free! it's simple enough to verify whether a site is legal and safe, I think some folk are just scared of delving into the unknown or trying something new.
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 02:08 AM

I filled it out. I posted the request and link on parenting forum I belong to with mostly women and hope she gets some response from them too.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I often shop online, it's not a problem if you use a reputable site, I've bought regularly from Amazon as you are protected should you have any issues, EBay too, also well known outlets such as Currys and Comet, even purchased goods from the USA sites and had them delivered and gift wrapped to my american friends which saved on postage as they were delivered free! it's simple enough to verify whether a site is legal and safe, I think some folk are just scared of delving into the unknown or trying something new.
How do you know that that's a reputable and safe site though? I've never heard of that, but I have heard of Amazon and E-Bay, Curry's and Comet.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

25-02-2012, 03:36 AM

Firstly, I will check out the site's reputation via my Firefox browser's small application that can be downloaded, namely WOT which stands for Web of Trust, check it out, also Google it as other versions will work with Internet Explorer and Chrome. I back up my search using Google to glean as much information as I need. I also use McAfee Site Advisor that works on the same principal, hope this info helps!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top