Join for free
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 08:13 PM

New winter coat = great deal for me :)

Before Christmas while shopping for my sons in 'Marks WorkWearhouse (Canada)' they had a deal for the weekend "spend a $100 and receive a $20 gift card". So I purchased a $100 gift card at a store, received the $20 as well. Spent just under $70 on the 2 boys for a few things, so I still had $33 on the original gc I purchased. I was in there today and they had 50% winter coats, plus at that store only and extra 25% on particular mark downs. I found one that will do wonderfully for walking the dog in the cold temps/winds as it comes to mid thigh. I used the two gcs off $33 + $20 and I had a coupon that if you spent over $50 you got another $10 off. Following me or have I lost you? In the end, including the tax which is 15% of the original cost it, I paid a grand total of $4 and a bit!

If you add the original $33 back on, its still a coat original priced at $140+ for under $40. I quite pleased, plus I will be warmer than in the old one I have now.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 08:19 PM

Re: New winter coat = great deal for me :)

Claire I hope you enjoy wearing your special 'discounted' coat .
The coat I wear for walking my dog was purchased 'new and unworn' from Ebay and was a £60 coat selling for just £8 plus postage and it has been invaluable I hope yours proves to be just as good .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 08:28 PM

I call that a good bargain, Claire!
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 09:38 PM

That was a great bargain Claire Doesn't it make you feel good? I love it when I grab a good bargain.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 09:53 PM

You're a smart cookie! Well done.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 10:52 PM

What a bargain well done!
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 11:06 PM

Oh Man! Just came in from our afternoon/before supper (hers) walk. The temps have dropped and the wind has picked up. The rain has stopped and I see a few flakes making their appearance. (They had called for a BIG storm over night and today and all we got was rain as the temp was 4 I think it was). This coat is AWESOME! I put the hood up and it stayed (big major improvement over the old one right there) and it being long kept my butt and legs warm. Had my warm winter boots (even though not needed) so the only thing 'exposed' was my knees. Have to get my friend to knit me some knee warms lol. I was a great improvement!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 11:12 PM

Well done Claire-a great bargain!
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 04:30 AM

thats a good shop marks but nit a lot of chioce been in there a few times glad you got a good bargin

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top