Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 12:19 AM

Dog owners who do not 'scoop the poop' !!!

I am so sick of dog owners who do not scoop their 4 legged family members poop ! I own a dog. Its not that hard to do, really it isn't. I have one neighbour 2 doors down that just opens his door and the old dog wonders off the property to do his deed. Never 'at home'. AND tonight the dog on the other side of me, being walked by the daughter (12 yr old or so), stops and takes a huge dump on my front lawn as my dog in the house barked & barked so she knew I knew. Did so pick it up... no . Why??? On our walk around the block I see dog poop here and there. Why? If I could time my dog doing her business on either of the lawns of these two neighbours, I would and NOT PICK IT UP!!!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 02:01 AM

Re: Dog owners who do not 'scoop the poop' !!!

You are so right to be grumpy about this. I may make myself unpopular for saying this but, the probability of a dog being out of it's own premises would usually be with its owner out for a walk, and of course, the poor dog does have to spend a few pennies along the way.

I do believe that genuine responsible dog owners do pick up their dogs' poo and it is to be hoped that it is taken home to be disposed of in the bin. However, having said that, some scoop the poop, then throw it into gardens, trees or bushes along the way, and this is objectionable, because other folk have to clean it up, and that's disgusting.

It is ILLEGAL for dog owners to allow their dogs to foul public pathways and if a neighbour's dog did that on my property, I'd scoop it up then deposit it on their property.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 08:17 AM

If you give the persons name to the authority's they will come round and collect the poop and then prove to the dog owner that it was their dog and the person could be fined up to £1000.

I bet they would not leave it again.

I just wonder if the dog had an accident at home would they leave it in the middle of the floor?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 10:33 AM

I have a dog myself and fouling is one of the things that really annoys me. I am more than conscious that some people have strong feelings about dogs anyway and I don't wish to add to their arguments and have more restrictions imposed on keeping dogs than we have at the moment. If I see anyone leaving their dog's mess behind, I will always tell them and have even been known to pick it up with one of my bags and give it back to them (when another person with a dog does this it usually has the effect of making them feel highly embarrassed ).
When a dog has a regular feeding routine it is usually quite easy to predict when they will want to "go" and they can be trained to defaecate on demand on hard or soft surfaces and also in roughly the same spot each time. Therefore, it should be no problem for anyone to pick up after their dog.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 07:16 PM

I once noticed a dog pooping on my neighbour's lawn and the owner making no move to produce a bag. Opened my door and called out sweetly "Would you like a bag for that?"

He immediately responded with a yes and when I walked over with one he confessed that his dog usually dumped twice per walk and so he carried 2 bags, but this was her 3rd so she was being unexpectedly productive.

Whether or not he was truthful I'm sure he never left dog poo on my block again.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 07:48 PM

Our local paper has loads of letters on the letters page about this. I always pick up - there is no excuse for it Our council even give free bags out. I dont know if its with it being dark early lately but one strip of grass in the park is full of it. This strip is on the edge of a housing estate & I presume people are taking their dogs out in the evening & just letting them do their poo & then taking them home again.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 08:15 PM

We always have a bag in our pocket in case Phoebe goes whilst out and I have also noticed that we now have bins asking you to put your dog waste in them, once you couldnt walk for it everywhere.
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 08:39 PM

there is a guy in our road who used to let his dog poop anywhere and not pick it up. So one day I scooped it into a clear poly bag and left it on his doorstep with a note attached. next time it will be through your letterbox without the bag, he always clears up behind his dog now
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by bloggsy ->
there is a guy in our road who used to let his dog poop anywhere and not pick it up. So one day I scooped it into a clear poly bag and left it on his doorstep with a note attached. next time it will be through your letterbox without the bag, he always clears up behind his dog now
HAHA! I love that!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 11:07 PM

Totally agree with what everyone says. Short while ago, every morning for about a week I was out cleaning up after someone's dog. He/she must have walked their dog late at night or early morning. They always left the poo in middle of pavement, and as there is a school at the end of my street, I felt sorry for mums with prams taking their children to school. Never did catch the culprit even though I and my neighbours were trying to catch them out! So annoying.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top