Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bridgefield
South uk
Bridgefield is female  Bridgefield has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2012, 11:42 PM

iPad watching videos

Now I'm a bit lazy and I'm sure if I went through the online version of "how to" for my IPad it will tell me but....
I wanted to watch a video and couldn't so do I need anything extra to watch a video on IPad ( and how much would it cost?)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 12:05 AM

Re: iPad watching videos

Not sure if this link will be any help to you....

http://www.apple.com/ipad/built-in-apps/videos.html
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 11:40 AM

Two things must happen to watch a video/movie on an iPad; first the video/movie must be in Apple's m4v format and secondly it must be transferred to your iPad via the iStore online or iTunes on your main computer. After that it's just a matter of launching the video app on your iPad. The videos/movies that are correctly loaded will appear and you must just choose one.
Bridgefield
South uk
Bridgefield is female  Bridgefield has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 08:09 PM

Hmm thanks for that both, to me it sounds complicated. I did download an app but it says what I want to watch must go through safari whch it wont. I don't actually want to watch movies as such but what I wanted to see was the breed judging from the Westminster Kennel Club (USA). I used to be able to watch it through explorer on the laptop but that has died. I reckon I'll have to invest in the book IPad for dummies!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 08:26 PM

Have you tried turning your ipad off completey (power off) and then turn back on again? I have found that sometimes solves some of my problems.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bridgefield ->
I don't actually want to watch movies as such but what I wanted to see was the breed judging from the Westminster Kennel Club (USA). I used to be able to watch it through explorer on the laptop ...
So you used to just clink a link on a web page while using Internet Explorer and you could watch video coverage? Have you tried other links from your iPad?

We got my mom an iPad which she uses at the nursing home and we watched some funny cat videos on YouTube last week with no trouble. She has the iPad for Dummies book - will read it if I visit her this Sunday.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 11:32 PM

Be aware that with an iPad you cannot watch any video requiring Adobe Flash Player. Apple & Adobe have had an argument for years so the iPad can't use Flash player.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Be aware that with an iPad you cannot watch any video requiring Adobe Flash Player. Apple & Adobe have had an argument for years so the iPad can't use Flash player.
You've likely got the answer right there Bob.
Bridgefield
South uk

26-02-2012, 10:21 PM

This you AJ & Bob. It may well be that this is how that particular video is viewed, oh well. I looked in a bookshop for the book but they didn't have it. Maybe it was sold out!

I have been able to watch some YouTube clips.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

27-02-2012, 12:29 AM

There is this DVD on Amazon - but it's dated 2007

http://www.amazon.co.uk/131st-Westmi...sr=1-1-catcorr

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top