Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bridgefield
South uk
Bridgefield is female  Bridgefield has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2012, 07:21 PM

Favourite Tipple?

I found a rose wine that I like, Blossom Hill Grenache (found it on offer) and for a soft drink I like apple and elderflower.

What's your favourite tipple? Do you find your taste changes with the seasons?
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2012, 07:23 PM

Re: Favourite Tipple?

Port and Brandy for a soft drink Tropicana ruby breakfast.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2012, 07:37 PM

I stick to wine I love both red and white though I seem to drink mainly white at the moment usually Sauvignon Blanc.

New Zealand produces some beautiful wines. My favourite is Stoneleigh Marlborough which has a fruity taste strong with the flavour of gooseberry and passion fruit.
This is too expensive for every day though and I look for good offers in the supermarkets .
Wither Hills , Oyster Bay and Waitrose Villa Maria Marlborough are also very good wines .

I look on the internet who has what on offer then stock up.
I allow myself just one glass a day.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2012, 08:08 PM

Dont drink much I never drink in the house & may only go out about once a year. I cant stand Red wine - it taste like vinegar to me - which I also dont like When I do go out i'll just have a lager. I'm a cheap date
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2012, 08:23 PM

I don't drink usually but will stretch to a Bailey's at Christmas time. I much prefer fruit juice or bitter lemon.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2012, 09:18 PM

I think he Blossom Hill Grenache is a pleasant wine Lynn. I have tried most of the Blossom Hill ones and I think they are all nice (hic!!!!)

When I go out I usually go for a white wine spritzer, but I do like vodka out of the spirits. I also like a drambuie now and then, but I don't generally drink whiskey much. I picked up a very nice whiskey liqueur though when we were in Scotland recently - don't know if anyone has heard of it - it is called Glayva and has tangerine, cinnamon, honey and exotic spices in the whiskey. I have just poured the last drop tonight. You don't need to drink much and it gives a lovely warm feeling. I hope I can find it again more locally.
I don't drink regularly.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2012, 10:16 PM

do not drink
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2012, 01:21 AM

White wine for me these days, but I used to drink bitter when I went out, which I don't do any longer. In fact, on Saturday, I treated myself to two cans of bitter and I enjoyed it after not having drank it for a couple of years. Hic!
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2012, 01:35 AM

I go through phases. Like to drink Rosé wine, lately though, since Christmas, I've been fancying snowballs (the advocaat variety)

In the spirit line, I like vodka, also like Baileys and Amaretto. Can't stand Gin, Whisky or Brandy.

Looking back, it looks like I'm a right alcoholic In all honesty, I only have a couple of drinks at the weekends.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2012, 03:58 PM

I like Baileys and the odd brandy. Soft drinks I like tonic water, not fond of sweet soft drinks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top