Join for free
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2012, 06:21 PM

Why?

Why, Why, Why�do we press harder on the remote control when we know the batteries are getting weak?

Why�do banks charge a fee due to insufficient funds; when they already know you're broke?

Why�is it that when someone tells you that there are one billion stars in the universe you believe them, but if they tell you there is wet paint you have to touch it to check?

Why�do they use sterilized needles for lethal injections?

Why�doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Why�does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him?

Why�did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Whose�cruel idea was it to put an "s" in the word "lisp"?

If people evolved from apes,�why�are there still apes?

Why�is it that, no matter what colour bubble bath you use, the bubbles are always white?

Is there ever a day that mattresses arenot�on sale?

Why�do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?

Why�do people run over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it and then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?

Why�is it that no plastic bag will ever open from the first end you try?

How�do those dead bugs get into the enclosed light fixtures?

When we are in the supermarket and someone rams our ankle with a shopping cart, then apologizes for doing so;�whydo we say, "It's all right"? Well, it isn't all right so�why don't we say, "That really hurt you dumb sh*t,�why�don't you watch where you're going?"

Why�is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that's falling off the table you always manage to knock something else over?

Why, in winter, do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat?

How come�you never hear father-in-law jokes?

And A FAVOURITE:
The statistics on sanity say that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends.If they're OK..? (then it's you!)
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2012, 06:28 PM

Re: Why?

Did you hear me say - "oh, I do that!?"
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2012, 06:52 PM

Very interesting Cate, it makes you think. I did wonder why Tarzan never grew hair, and I never saw a red indian with a beard either, maybe they had to shave in order to get the parts in the films, or John Wayne shot 'em all before they were old enough to shave.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2012, 07:30 PM

How true, there was one chap on a western years ago who had a red beard I think he was the cook.

My particular favourite is the vacuum cleaner thing, I always do that. Oh yes and the plastic bag thats me too and of course I am always looking in the fridge to see if the good fairy has popped in something I didn't know about.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top