Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 08:13 AM

A Caty Saturday

Good morning all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0TInLOJuUM

Dry except for the occaisional snow flurry, cold and still dark with only the odd blackbird welcoming the morning, all the sheep were snuggled together as close to the road as they could get and the silence from the farm made it look very mysterious.

Plans for today are to build a new cloche, for the new seeds that are coming from Dobies, with a botttom that hold water. The idea is to fill it with hot water and with a glass roof on it the water will stay warm particulary as it will be in one corner of the Green house. Lunch will be at some local establishment, the afternoon will be spent relaxing with a book.

Have a great day everyone and remember

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkJLJzz_eMM
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 09:05 AM

Re: A Caty Saturday

Good morning Bob and all following No snow here - yet - but did look out onto a spectacular sky as the sun was rising, all blue and pink streaks.

Nothing planned for me, just the usual run-of-the-mill housework and maybe reading my book this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone and do take care if you have snow and ice.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 09:18 AM

'morning AB, Berxer, and all followers

That cloche idea sounds interesting AB, I hope it works, and SWMBO would like a few new cloches so please let me know.

Coldest night so far last night minus 17 C and the same again tonight but allegedly warming up a bit thereafter.

I am going to try for the third time to update the maps on my Garmin SatNav, according to another forum the Garmin is virtually impossible to update maps on, and I have had no joy so far, the other day they sent me some instructions which ran to two pages and included all kinds of technical stuff which I had no idea what they were asking, why are people so ignorant..................no better not answer that.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 09:28 AM

Good morning all from the Midlands where it's -7 deg at the moment, but the sun is up and I still have a pulse, so not all bad...

Not a lot planned other than walking the dogs, visiting my mum for an hour and then cooking cheese omlette for lunch.

Enjoy your day all and hey, careful on the ice today...

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 10:18 AM

Good morning fellow members and a beautiful one it is too
The sun is shining and the sky blue , it is bitterly cold though and the snow crisp underfoot. My neighbour said it was -9 here last night.

I am going to make bread and gingerbread men this morning this for the children so that should keep me warm.

Have a pleasant day everyone
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 11:32 AM

Good Morning Bob and All. Love Cat Stevens - and those are great links, Bob, many thanks for sharing!

Damp and dreich as well as heavy Scotch miist outside at the moment - but at least no snow!!

Hope you all enjoy a good day.

Take care.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 11:39 AM

Good morning everybody. Looks like its warmer up North than it is down South for a change Had a lovely walk on marsh with Bonnie where all was still and quite misty. Could barely see Scotland across the water. Have not seen many geese over this winter but the last two days have seen hoards of them! Lost count this morning how many flocks were flying around

Nothing too exciting planned for today, off to supermarket shortly as didn't get there yesterday, and then usual chores. I really want to get out into the garden to do some tidying as well.

Hope you enjoy your day folks and mind how you go on the ice
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 01:16 PM

Good afternoon all, damp and showery again today. I had a great sleep last night and woke up at 9oc, much better then last week when I woke at 6oc every morning and couldn't get back to sleep again. Today is a day for taking it easy, a short visit to the local then watch the afternoons racing on TV.
Good luck with the sat/nav. Losos.
Meg, do you know why gingerbread men don't wear shorts?.
Because they have crumby legs. (just like my jokes).

Have a nice weekend Folks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 01:34 PM

Hello everyone lovely sunny and cloudless day but a tad on the cold side.

Despite the cold weather I've noticed the weeds are beginning to appear in the garden so maybe, if the ground isn't still frozen, I'll go out there this afternoon and remove a few. Still no sign of my crocus and daffs showing buds

AB - what a good idea for your new cloche, I've never heard of anything like that so will be interested to know how well it works for your seeds.

Losos - minus 17C .... brrrr.... glad it wasn't that cold here!

Meg - I bet your kitchen spells lovely with all that baking - mmmm!

Marian - I envy you your walks even in this cold weather.

Jem - Great joke!

Enjoy your day folks, take care if out in the ice and snow .... wrap up warm!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Meg, do you know why gingerbread men don't wear shorts?.
Because they have crumby legs. (just like my jokes).
.... @ Jem

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Meg - I bet your kitchen spells lovely with all that baking - mmmm!
that's one of the nice parts about baking on a cold day Mags

The GBMen are still in the oven but the bread sticks are out, they are lovely with soup, the Children are getting through a bag a week at the moment.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top