Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2012, 08:08 AM

Unpleasant Friday

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cSEG...eature=related

Dark cold wet with a peasoup mist hanging around,a thoroughly unpleasant morning, even mother natures creatures have refused to get up and welcome the day.Walking down the lane all that was present was the shadows of the sheep huddled up against the hedgerow.

Plans for today are to use up some of the energy we saved yesterday cleaning my study then lunch at home following that we will have a long rest watching a DVD that my daughter made of a wedding that she went to in New York. The evening is expected to be hilarious as we have some friends coming who have just returned from a trip to the deepest darks of Scotland, they went to Robbie Burns country and filmed all of it, including a Burns night supper.

Have a great day everyone and dont forget

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfwEp-75O_Y
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2012, 09:41 AM

Re: Unpleasant Friday

A very good morning Bob and all who follow..

Snow last night only amounted to and inch or so, but the temperature has dropped to minus 3 so it's quite slippery out there, looks like a good excuse again to light the fire...

Bangers and mash for lunch today, a walk with the dogs and then a hard afternoon relaxing is on the cards methinks..

Have a good day if you can and hey, take care out there, it aint pleasant...

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2012, 10:00 AM

Good Morning Bob, Barry and All A right cold damp and dreich start to the day so far - the Scotch mist has lifted though. Yesterday it was a dreich day all day and heavy Scotch mist as well but Loki took me a lovely long walk, which we both enjoyed!!

Love those Alma Cogan clips, Bob, memories attached to both, especially the last one - thank you for sharing them and cheering me up!!

Oh you will enjoy seeing the video of Burns Country - not too far from where I live really - about half an hour by train! Burns suppers can be fun and hope you enjoy seeing it!!

I love Bangers and mash, Barry, and hope you enjoy it!! Also, enjoy your walkies with the dogs!!

Enjoy a good day everyone and take care
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2012, 10:10 AM

Rosemary I have travelled Burns country extensively in the past and really enjoyed the mystquie of Burns life.

I have been to a few Burns nights but I do not like Haggis. lol

My friends visit is the first one they have made to Scotland so it could be very interesting as John is not a lover of travel.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2012, 10:24 AM

Good day fellow members the weather here is much as described by AB and I am pleased to say the snowfall was less than expected with just an inch or so which is a relief as I should be going out to baby sit later.

Mmmm I may have spoke too soon, it is trying to snow again now but very fine stuff.

Keep warm and have a peaceful day everyone
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2012, 11:21 AM

Not too bad a day here, well its dry! cold and dull. Had a nice walk with Bonnie earlier on the marsh, didn't meet a soul

Am a bit in limbo as my busy day has turned into a quiet day due to two cancelled appointments. I've got plenty of paperwork to do so suppose I should get on with that! It now means I can go and get groceries today instead of battling with crowds tomorrow.

Enjoy your day folks and watch those icy roads and pavements
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2012, 11:28 AM

Good morning all, the weather's the same as yesterday, wet and damp but warm. I've been getting up very early (for me) these mornings, methinks I'm turning into a lark, I remember my granny jokingly saying to my first girlfriend, "Are you a good singer love?, well you ought to be, you've legs like a lark.", that was the last I saw of that girl.
Keep warm and happy Folks.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2012, 11:41 AM

Good morning everyone. It's not to bad here today. Cold but not as bad as the weather forecast said.
Having a lazy morning, up to now. Will have to get myself focused soon. Dog needs her morning walk, cleaning and shopping needs doing.

Hope you all have a nice day.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2012, 02:21 PM

were wiating for some snow in southern ontario and minus 15 temps tomorow brrrrrrrrrrrr
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2012, 03:38 PM

Hello everyone it's very cold here, we had a slight fall of snow last night and more this morning but we've been more fortunate than others around the country.

I nipped out quick to earlier to get the weekend shopping in, now back in the warm and that's where I'm staying!

Have a good weekend ahead and keep warm folks...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top