Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2012, 11:29 PM

Things on rolls...

Foil/clingfilm/sellotape on rolls grrrrr
When pulling off a strip all may start off fine and some will continue that way but other pieces decide to stick and tear leaving half the piece behind . Once a roll has 'gone of track' it tends to continue to the end of the roll...
Very frustrating ....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2012, 11:32 PM

Re: Things on rolls...

I get in an awful muddle when trying to tear a piece of clingfilm, it goes all shapes and then sticks together and becomes unusable.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2012, 11:47 PM

I even tried that brand of Sellotape that says you just tear off a piece where you want. Not a success. It drives me mad using the damn stuff.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 04:35 PM

I only copped this now Meg, at first glance I thought it might be one of your wonderful suggestions for bread-roll fillings.
Aluminum foil is to be avoided in the 'Extra value bumper roll' form because it is a metal and light metal is inclined to curl up at the ends, sealing the sheets together and tearing every time you want to use it, very frustrating as you will never get to the end of the roll, (Try humming that song, 'Keep right on till the end of the roll"). My Wife found this out the hard way and had to dump a few rolls out first, now she only buys rolls with the least aluminum on them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I only copped this now Meg, at first glance I thought it might be one of your wonderful suggestions for bread-roll fillings.
Aluminum foil is to be avoided in the 'Extra value bumper roll' form because it is a metal and light metal is inclined to curl up at the ends, sealing the sheets together and tearing every time you want to use it, very frustrating as you will never get to the end of the roll, (Try humming that song, 'Keep right on till the end of the roll"). My Wife found this out the hard way and had to dump a few rolls out first, now she only buys rolls with the least aluminum on them.
That's a useful tip thank you Jem I do tend to buy the long 30m rolls but will go for the smaller ones now .
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 05:13 PM

I have trouble with cellotape sometimes. Roast rolls or foil are not too bad.....but cling film
Wretched stuff, even with a cutter box it tears and it doesn't seem to matter what price you pay, does it? and you can't cut it with scissors 'cos it clings
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 11:24 PM

Saran wrap/cling film is the worst challenge for me. Sticks to itself better than the bowl you try to cover with it.

This thread also made me think of how much fun cassette tapes were...

marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2012, 01:46 AM

I'm another one who hates sellotape. I've got some cheap stuff at the moment which is a nightmare to use I used to have a dispenser but don't know what happened to it, think I'll have to get one if ever I remember when I'm out
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2012, 09:46 AM

I first thought this was about the food variety too.

Plenty of times I've been in a pickle with the clingfilm

Like you Marian, I'm going to purchase a dispenser for sellotape, I have a small one for the little rolls, but not a big one. Bought a double pack of Clear Sellotape before Xmas and it's a nightmare! I'm sure the quality of the tape is less than it should be!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

12-02-2012, 10:26 AM

I'm sure the quality of the tape is less than it should be!
Carmen I think the quality has changed and it rips more unevenly than is used to. I have tried buying more expensive tape and that is as bad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top