Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 08:45 PM

Hobbycraft Staff.

On Friday I ordered some frame from Hobbycraft 'on-line'. They were delivered yestermorn by courier (Hermes).

On opening the box I discovered they were not actually what I wanted - my own fault - I had not read the description proper before pressing the magic 'buy now' button.

In theory - because they were bought on line - I should have returned them by courier.

In practice - I could not face the hassle. Emailed our local branch of Hobbycraft and asked if I could take them there.

Answering email - within the hour - was told I could - as long as I had not used paypal to purchase them. Wouldn't touch paypal with a barge pole - so that was OK..

Went to the shop - gave my name - was welcomed by someone who had read the emails and knew why I was there. They didn't stock the frames I wanted in the size I needed but were happy to offer me a refund or for me to find something else for the same price. The staff were so friendly and helpful - it was a pleasure to shop in there - and I have emailed their Head Office and the shop Manager to congratulate them on their staff.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 08:56 PM

Re: Hobbycraft Staff.

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
The staff were so friendly and helpful - it was a pleasure to shop in there - and I have emailed their Head Office and the shop Manager to congratulate them on their staff.
Good for you Tabby. We are so quick to criticise and complain, it's lovely to see someone giving praise and letting their employers know how impressed you were with the staff.

I remember many years ago, when BHS had a food hall (when BHS was still on our high streets, come to that!), they always had a sign in our branch which read: "If you are happy with our service, please tell others. If you are unhappy with our service, please tell us." That has always stuck in my mind.

PS: Did you get soaked walking there and back in the rain?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 08:57 PM

I'm so pleased to know that there are stores like that, Tabby. I bought something from PC World on Friday, and left the store wondering where on earth they dredged up their staff from. I remember thinking something very similar on the previous occasion that I bought something from them.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 08:59 PM

Aww this is a lovely story...its so nice to be appreciated, and I'm sure they loved your feedback.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:02 PM

Well done ST!
We do have some nice customers.
I know that my dear wife really likes that store!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Good for you Tabby. We are so quick to criticise and complain, it's lovely to see someone giving praise and letting their employers know how impressed you were with the staff.

I remember many years ago, when BHS had a food hall (when BHS was still on our high streets, come to that!), they always had a sign in our branch which read: "If you are happy with our service, please tell others. If you are unhappy with our service, please tell us." That has always stuck in my mind.

PS: Did you get soaked walking there and back in the rain?
No, Bathsheba, thankfully reached home before the storms began. We had some frighteningly large hailstones!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

04-07-2021, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I'm so pleased to know that there are stores like that, Tabby. I bought something from PC World on Friday, and left the store wondering where on earth they dredged up their staff from. I remember thinking something very similar on the previous occasion that I bought something from them.
I hardly ever go to PC world, Harbal, for that exact reason!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

04-07-2021, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Well done ST!
We do have some nice customers.
I know that my dear wife really likes that store!
I love Hobbycraft - but should not be allowed in without a minder - always spend more than perhaps I should!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

04-07-2021, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Aww this is a lovely story...its so nice to be appreciated, and I'm sure they loved your feedback.
I believe in giving credit where it is due!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No, Bathsheba, thankfully reached home before the storms began. We had some frighteningly large hailstones!
Oh well that was a bit of luck!

ETA: I mean, that you didn't get soaked, not that you had frightening hailstones

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top