Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 06:59 PM

Gifted.

I had a completely unexpected visitor today,

My dear elderly lady that I have cleaned her house for many years.

Sadly had to go into a nursing home, some months ago, she has dementia and macular degeneration...she was an avid reader, unfortunately her eyesight is no longer able to read a book.
She has other options ,but isn’t interested...hopefully she may be persuaded to listen to audible stories.

Her daughter payed me a visit today, with a thank you card, gifted a huge amount of money also to me...I was shocked...

Just thanking me for all the care and cleaning I did for her....over those years...

I’m hoping to be able to visit her in the nursing home, once covid restrictions have been lifted...,

I can see how frustrating it must be for families who can’t see their loved ones.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 08:34 PM

Re: Gifted.

Oh Pauline how lovely! Her daughter was obviously very grateful for all that you did in caring for her mum - and I bet it was more than just cleaning, you became a good friend to her as well, I'm sure. How lovely to know that you've been so appreciated

I do hope you'll be able to get in to see your dear old lady before too long
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Oh Pauline how lovely! Her daughter was obviously very grateful for all that you did in caring for her mum - and I bet it was more than just cleaning, you became a good friend to her as well, I'm sure. How lovely to know that you've been so appreciated

I do hope you'll be able to get in to see your dear old lady before too long

What a lovely post, thank you.

Things like that really touch my heart..made me cry to feel so appreciated not only by Rose, but also her family....

When I started there, we clicked straight away....she was also a friend...we sometimes meet special ones in our life...

She is real special...can’t wait to see her.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 08:45 PM

Pauline, you will be able to visit your friend in a care home anytime, you may have to arrange an appointment and have to take a lateral flow test when you get there, and, so long as it’s negative,and you follow the home’s guidelines, you will be allowed in, don’t leave it too long, people with dementia can deteriorate very quickly..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

02-07-2021, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Pauline, you will be able to visit your friend in a care home anytime, you may have to arrange an appointment and have to take a lateral flow test when you get there, and, so long as it’s negative,and you follow the home’s guidelines, you will be allowed in, don’t leave it too long, people with dementia can deteriorate very quickly..

Thank you Primus, yes, her daughter was telling me how much she has deteriorated...I’ve also seen it with my own eyes, as I’ve worked in quite a few residential/ nursing homes...plus quite a few courses on different types of Dementia....horrible disease it is as is macular degeneration..robs them of so much.

Lewy body dementia is another nasty one....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 03:16 AM

How lovely that your friend and her family felt able to express their appreciation this way and recognise what a caring person you are. Our lives are enriched by the special people we meet along the way. I hope you are able to see Rose very soon.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 05:00 AM

I'm so pleased for you Pauline what a lovely thing to do...its nice to have a good news thread too
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 06:22 AM

How lovely and how kind and I'm sure well deserved . Treat yourself to something really nice to remember her . Sounds like they are a lovely family. I hope you can see her very soon
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

03-07-2021, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
How lovely that your friend and her family felt able to express their appreciation this way and recognise what a caring person you are. Our lives are enriched by the special people we meet along the way. I hope you are able to see Rose very soon.
Thank you ST...I never used her real name, just in case.plus I never got her permission nor her families.

Forgot to mention that to Bathsheba.

She also gave me a lovely keep sake to remember her by.

They have sold her house that I used to clean.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

03-07-2021, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm so pleased for you Pauline what a lovely thing to do...its nice to have a good news thread too

Thank you ,summer..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top