Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 08:14 AM

0333 calls

Does anyone know if calls to an 0333 number from a mobile are in the expensive list? Trying to get in touch with my insurance company and the email address they send from doesn't accept replies.
Having a hell of a job trying to renew my car insurance, their online renewal says there's a problem with paying by card they are trying to fix.
Getting really frustrated now after 2 days of this nonsense.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 08:28 AM

Re: 0333 calls

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Does anyone know if calls to an 0333 number from a mobile are in the expensive list? Trying to get in touch with my insurance company and the email address they send from doesn't accept replies.
Having a hell of a job trying to renew my car insurance, their online renewal says there's a problem with paying by card they are trying to fix.

Look it up Rox.

I racked up a huge bill on my landline, because of calls to those sort of numbers.

I’m not allowed to use my landline anymore, under son’s orders.

He wrote all the expensive code numbers down, I can’t find them, otherwise I would of tried to help you out,

Keep trying on the net..I know it’s frustrating..but better than a huge mobile bill.

I thought you get a certain amount of free calls don’t you?

Or is it pay as you go?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 08:47 AM

It might be worth getting in touch with your provider to have this defined. A while back I posed the same question to my provider at the time, I was given the 'information' that some 03 numbers are free, others may not be, it all depends. Not a lot of good to know that, it hardly answered my query!

Now with a new provider (EE) I get all calls free with the package I have but still checked and all 03 numbers are free, also this includes the 0800 and 08000 numbers which are, or were, a concession by BT for their customers.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 08:53 AM

Here you are Roxy.....

https://www.numbersupermarket.co.uk/...ber-cost-call/
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 08:56 AM

Seems it doesn't cost anything if inside your network 'minutes' quota.

Many tariffs, especially mobile phone tariffs allow the calling of 0333 numbers in their monthly quota of telephone minutes that they provide in their customers call package. In this case, providing you have not used your quota of minutes for the month you will not be charged any extra for calling an 0333 number.

Provider Inside contracted landline minutes allowance Outside contracted landline minutes allowance
ASDA Mobile Free 8p/m
Delight Mobile Free 3p/m
EE Free 30p/m
GiffGaff Free 10p/m
Lebara Mobile Free 19p/m
LycaMobile Free 15p/m
O2 Free 35p/m
Tesco Mobile Free 25p/m
Three Mobile Free 3p/m
Virgin Mobile Free 26p/m
Vodafone Free 30p/m
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 08:58 AM

Change your insurer? That's what I would be tempted to do. It takes very little time to set everything up with another insurer, that would solve all your problems with this in one go. You might even get a better deal! They don't all have 03 telephone numbers, some even have 0800 numbers which are often completely free! You can even do all this online:

https://www.money.co.uk/car-insuranc...n-websites.htm

Alternatively check out insurers online for contact numbers, do a search for "Contact telephone numbers for car insurers" and they are all on there. One call and you could have it sorted!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by baz46 ->
change your insurer? That's what i would be tempted to do. It takes very little time to set everything up with another insurer, that would solve all your problems with this in one go. You might even get a better deal! They don't all have 03 telephone numbers, some even have 0800 numbers which are often completely free! You can even do all this online:

https://www.money.co.uk/car-insuranc...n-websites.htm

alternatively check out insurers online for contact numbers,
one call and you could have sorted it!

👍👍👍.......
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 09:04 AM

I would follow Bazz's advice too.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Here you are Roxy.....

https://www.numbersupermarket.co.uk/...ber-cost-call/

Thankyou Mags.
Thanks to the rest of you too, I was on the point of saying to hell with it when they FINALLY answered the phone. I got it all sorted out easily enough. Seems their Website is going through massive maintenance to improve (ha ha) it.
I was stalling about changing the insurer as they are still giving the best quote for me. The minute that changes, so do I.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 10:47 PM

Thankyou Mags.
Thanks to the rest of you too, I was on the point of saying to hell with it when they FINALLY answered the phone. I got it all sorted out easily enough. Seems their Website is going through massive maintenance to improve (ha ha) it.
I was stalling about changing the insurer as they are still giving the best quote for me. The minute that changes, so do I.
Thanks to Meg, Roxy..... not me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top