Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2012, 03:16 PM

Woman Gave Birth on Pavement.

Lisa McNeil said she waited six minutes for nurses to answer the buzzer at Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy, Fife
A woman has given birth on the pavement outside a Fife hospital after she was unable to get inside the building.

Lisa McNeil said she waited six minutes for nurses to answer the buzzer at Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy, Fife.

The 25-year-old second-time mother from Glenrothes was already in advanced stages of labour when she got to the maternity unit at 00:14 on Sunday.

She had rung ahead, but the doors to the unit were closed. Temperatures were around freezing at the time.

Ms McNeil and her family rang the buzzer to get in, but baby Jackson was born before anyone was able to answer the door.

'Screams for help'

Ms McNeil told the Daily Record newspaper: "It was like a horror movie. I was in a lot of pain and bleeding. I don't remember much because I was screaming in agony for six minutes while we waited for someone to help us.

"They knew I was coming but no-one heard us buzzing to get in or our screams for help.

"I don't think anyone should be put through the humiliation of having to give birth on a pavement outside a hospital in front of strangers."

When midwives arrived to open the door, Jackson had been born. Nurses cut the umbilical cord and took Mrs McNeil, who was released from hospital on Sunday night, up to the ward.

A statement from NHS Fife confirmed a woman had phoned ahead to say she was on her way to the hospital.

It said midwives made their way to the door to admit her when the buzzer rang, but labour was so far advanced that the baby was delivered at the door of the maternity unit.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2012, 07:51 PM

Re: Woman Gave Birth on Pavement.

Oh my goodness poor woman, hope they are fine now
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2012, 07:55 PM

Poor woman, it must have seemed like a nightmare to her. Such an awful situation to be in

I hope mother and baby are doing well now..
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2012, 08:25 PM

What a dreadful thing to happen. Sounds like she had a very quick labour.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2012, 08:33 PM

How awful for that poor woman. Anyone who has a baby can imagine what panic she must have felt being locked out of the maternity unit like that. I hope all is well now.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2012, 10:39 PM

That is dreadful...hope all is well for Mum and Baby now....
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2012, 11:55 PM

Absolutely shocking! That poor woman - hope she and her baby are well.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2012, 12:14 AM

That is awful...like others hope Mum and Baby are ok now...........
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2012, 12:23 AM

Poor lady, Do hope they are both doing well. A friend of mine gave birth on the way into the hospital. She did just about, make it to the delivery room.
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2012, 01:00 PM

That must be so traumatic ,sad reflection on our times that doors have to be locked .Hope all is now well with her and baby .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top