Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2012, 08:27 AM

Blackbird Saturday

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5CUH...eature=related

The thermometer at -2 degrees may not be as low as yesterday but it is a lot colder due to the icy cold winds coming straight in off the sea. Apart from a Balckbird that foolowed us,mother natures creatures are few and far between today, I can imaging them still tucked up in bed.

Plans for today are not adventurous, just a lazy morning followed by a pub lunch and then more lazy hours spent with a book and a quizz night tonight.

Have a great day everyone, if you wish hard enough you may find,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6tV11acSRk
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2012, 09:32 AM

Re: Blackbird Saturday

Good morning AB and everyone It's -2°C here also; cold but eerily still and quiet.

Nothing planned, just taking the day as it comes.

Have a good day all
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2012, 09:37 AM

Good Morning Bob, Berxer and All It is higher temp here this morning at 6 degrees, so not as cold as the -1 yesterday! Cold wind blowing though and rain, in fact, it feels a lot colder both indoors and outdoors than it did yesterday!

Loki and I enjoyed our long walks yesterday, it turned out lovely and the sun was out.

Hope you all enjoy a good day today.

Love those Beatles clips, Bob, good ones!

Take care all.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2012, 10:15 AM

Good morning to all on this bright but very crisp (-5 deg) morning...

Doing a bit of painting in the utility room this morning and then out with the dogs before the blizzards arrive this afternoon, by which time the fire will be lit and the book will be open...

Have a good day everyone and hey, get those wellies out of the cupboard and keep them warm ready for later....

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2012, 12:30 PM

Good morning everyone freezing here and unexpected visitors for lunch so busy cooking .
Stay warm x
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2012, 01:49 PM

Good morning on this lovely Saturday. It's 6C here with a promise to get near 15C today. There were a few spots along the coast yesterday that hit 15C. This has been the mildest Winter I've experienced since moving here 5-6 years ago.

I tried taking out the scooter for a ride yesterday but found the battery dead. I had to remove the battery from the bike and bring it inside for an attempt at charging it. I've had a trickle charger on it overnight and it's back to over 12VDC. I'll let it continue charging for a few more hours to see if the green light full charge indicator comes on. I'm prepared to buy another battery if I must but hope I won't need to. We'll see.

I need to get out of this apartment so I'll be heading for McDonald's for breakfast in a bit. If the battery is fully charged when I return I think I'll reinstall it and take the bike out for a decent length ride. It's a shame I have no outside power receptacle as I could leave my trickle charger plugged into the bike overnight.

Have a great day all!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2012, 01:53 PM

'afternoon AB and all

Last night went down to -15C so of course we had a frozen pipe this morning

Hope I can de-frost it today.

Have a good day all of you out there, wrap up warm if you go out.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2012, 07:42 PM

Bob dont the garages have an electric supply for electric cars that you could plug into, Annie.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2012, 08:17 PM

Good evening all, we had rain all day thank God, much better than the snow, lets hope it keeps raining for the duration of this cold spell. I'm always late checking in but I'm really late today as the two grandsons are stuck in the house and taking turns on the computer games, I couldn't get a look in all day, as they get older they are inclined to get bored easier and the rain don't help. I got a few DVD films from my Son yesterday, one in particular I am looking forward to, the 1979 thriller "When a Stranger calls", so the wife and me will have that tonight.
Take care Folks.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2012, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Bob dont the garages have an electric supply for electric cars that you could plug into, Annie.
Electric cars are only now starting to be sold here in the states. There are no power outlets for them in apartment houses yet. I suppose that as they become more popular the issue will need to be addressed. Until then apartment house owners don't want to give away electricity so no outside receptacles are present.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top