Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2012, 06:42 PM

Parents.

I had a good and loving parents. We didn't have much money but it was spent on keeping us well fed and clothed.

I know a few who weren't so lucky and I feel a sorry for those who had a miserable childhood.

Although I did have an Aunt who was mean minded with her children and appeared to bit on the cruel side, punishing them by hitting them with whatever was handy. I'm so glad that I wasn't one of hers
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2012, 06:45 PM

Re: Parents.

I was also fortunate in having loving parents and I had a very happy childhood.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2012, 06:56 PM

I had great parents and a loving caring childhood

They are both still there for me if i ever need them
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2012, 08:28 PM

Just like you mall, my parents had very little in the way of money, my Dad was in and out of TB sanatoriums for the best part of the 50's, however there was plenty of love and kindness in the Family and we will never forget the help and great laughs provided by our Granny on my fathers side, rest her soul.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2012, 08:53 PM

We were just the same, very little money but we were always fed and clothed and loved, and although there was no shortage of clips around the ear either, looking back we deserved most of them...
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2012, 12:38 PM

I never got a clip around the ear because I was a little angel But my brother had one or two.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2012, 03:30 PM

Sadly I never knew my Mother, when I was 16 months old my brother came home from school to find her dead at the foot of the stairs and me screaming in my pram.
I did have the most wonderful father though who was the kindest of men and never raised his voice let alone his hand

After being made a widower Dad still managed to work full time and look after my 3 older siblings making sure they were neatly dressed and the house was kept spotless. I think Dad slept for just a few hours each night.
I was too young to stay with the family and spent a lot of time with relations.

When I was 8 Dad married again in the mistaken belief he had found a mother for his children. Instead we inherited a selfish cruel woman. Such a shame, Dad had got through the hardest years alone and deserved better. He really was one in a million and adored by his children.
mesco m
manchester

04-02-2012, 03:43 PM

Your dad was certainly one in a million, It can't have been easy for him.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2012, 06:13 PM

I was one of them children raised by unloving parents. My father left me when I was 16 and not heard from since and my mother was apathetic to me. About ten years ago, she was diagnosed with dementia and I spent all my time either working or as carer until I could cope no longer.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2012, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Sadly I never knew my Mother, when I was 16 months old my brother came home from school to find her dead at the foot of the stairs and me screaming in my pram.
I did have the most wonderful father though who was the kindest of men and never raised his voice let alone his hand

After being made a widower Dad still managed to work full time and look after my 3 older siblings making sure they were neatly dressed and the house was kept spotless. I think Dad slept for just a few hours each night.
I was too young to stay with the family and spent a lot of time with relations.

When I was 8 Dad married again in the mistaken belief he had found a mother for his children. Instead we inherited a selfish cruel woman. Such a shame, Dad had got through the hardest years alone and deserved better. He really was one in a million and adored by his children.
Originally Posted by Graham ->
I was one of them children raised by unloving parents. My father left me when I was 16 and not heard from since and my mother was apathetic to me. About ten years ago, she was diagnosed with dementia and I spent all my time either working or as carer until I could cope no longer.
Such sad stories, how lucky myself and siblings were, and although my father died in 2000, my mother is still going strong, still compus mentis and with an indomitable spirit.... God bless her...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top