Join for free
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2012, 04:46 PM

Farmer John

Farmer John once lived on a quiet rural highway but as time went by, the traffic slowly built up and eventually got so heavy and so fast that his free range chickens were being run over, at a rate of three to six a week.

So Farmer John called the local police station to complain, "You've got to do something about all these people driving so fast and killing all my chickens," he said to the local police officer.

"What do you want me to do?" asked the policeman.
"I don't care, just do something about those crazy drivers!"
So the next day the policeman had the Council erect a sign that said:
SLOW: SCHOOL CROSSING

Three days later Farmer John called the policeman and said, "You've still got to do something about these drivers. The ‘school crossing' sign seems to make them go even faster!"
So again, the policeman phoned the Council, and they put up a new sign:
SLOW: CHILDREN AT PLAY

That really sped them up. So Farmer John called and called and called every day for three weeks until he finally said to the policeman "Your signs are no good. Can I put up my own sign?"
The policeman (in order to get Farmer John off his back) said, "Sure. Put up your own sign."

The phone calls to the Police Station stopped, but curiosity got the better of the Officer, so he called Farmer John “How’s the problem with the speeding drivers. Did you put up your sign?"
"Oh, I sure did,” replied Farmer John, ”and not one chicken has been killed since then.
I've got to go. I'm very busy.." and he hung up.

The policeman was really curious and thought he'd better go out and take a look at the sign. He also thought the sign might be something the Police could use elsewhere, to slow drivers down..

So he drove out to Farmer John's house. His jaw dropped the moment he saw the sign.

It was spray painted on a sheet of plywood....
'NUDIST COLONY'
'Slow down and watch out for chicks!'
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2012, 07:51 PM

Re: Farmer John

ha ha very good
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2012, 12:49 PM

Re: Farmer John

That's a good one

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top