Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 08:29 AM

Thursday, Coldest morning yet

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmWdOvg6v1k

It is still cold, we have reached the halfway point from 0 to 10 on the minus side, dark but at least it is dry.Mother natures creatures followed us this morning singing their songs to help us on our way. The Owls were out talking to each other and the cows were competing with the sheep as to who could make the most noise. It was just like bedlam, everyone shouting for food at the same time.

Plans for today are still on the drawing board apart from lunch which will be at some local establishment, maybe I could get some time to surf the net this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone and dont forget

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmJc-tKohcc
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 10:09 AM

Re: Thursday, Coldest morning yet

Good Morning Bob and All Very cold up here as well - minus 6 degrees, according to the local forecast! Rain/snow forecasted for Saturday but I hope it misses here!!

Hope you have a lovely lunch, Bob, and a good afternoon as well, whatever your do. Same for all of you - hope you all have a great day.

Many thanks for the great clips, Bob.

Take care all.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 10:13 AM

Good morning Bob. I'm repeating my wake up pattern before returning for the second half of my night's sleep. I suppose my afternoon nap had something to do with not sleeping through the night.

It's 1C here this morning promising to get only to 9C for today's high. It will be sunny not only today but for the following 4-5 days. It's all very strange this year.

It will be a grocery shopping day for me after I have my breakfast at home this morning. Plenty of bacon & eggs in the fridge to eat. I've made a list of the rest that is missing and will stock up on the basics. I'm down to my last few tea bags so I'll be sure to have that item high on the list.

Have a great day Bob as well as all who follow!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 10:25 AM

Good morning fellow members Bob you are around early it must be the middle of the nigh there .

It is bitterly cold here but dry which is deceptive because the frost is not so noticeable so it is colder than it actually looks.

Enjoyed my walk with Chloe and liberated a sheep from a thicket , good job I had gloves with me.

I am going out to lunch today with the family to a new restaurant we have found .

Have a pleasant day every one.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 10:29 AM

Good morning fellow forumeers, a lovely bright start here this morning and hovering just below freezing.

Mrs PM has decided that I'm painting the kitchen ceiling this morning, and after a light lunch of broad beans on toast we will walk the dogs before visiting friends for coffee...phew, I'm worn out already....

Have a great day everyone and hey, let's watch out for one another today....

Barry
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 10:41 AM

Well got up this morning to -5 you could see frost everywhere and nothing else, no one was stiring is everyone taking a duvet day.
Would love to but off to work i go
enjoy your day
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 12:29 PM

Good morning everyone. It was -4C when I took Bonnie out earlier and -3C when we got back. It was really pretty down on the marsh as where the tide had been was all frozen over and white and it meant that we could walk out on the frozen mud.

I've just bought a stainless steel seed catcher for one of the bird feeders and they are not sure about it, probably too shiny for them! I've covered the bottom with seeds which seems to have helped a bit. Its funny watching them suss it out

The owner of the field behind me is muck spreading today for the first time since I've been here and so far there's no smell. I hope it stays that way

Am off into Carlisle soon for work and grocery shopping whilst I'm there, and I believe that Tescos have 10p a litre off fuel if you spend £60 in the store!!

Enjoy the rest of your day folks
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 02:31 PM

Good afternoon everyone. The sun is beaming through the windows here, frost all gone but it is bitterly cold out there. I haven't seen that horrid rat we had in the garden, living under our shed, for a couple of weeks now since I stopped putting bird food on the lawn. I hope he really has gone. Got the dentist later today for a check-up, NHS would you believe. Those five crocuses which flowered a couple of weeks ago are still there but flopped over so I stood them up again. The snowdrops started to flower but the rest are waiting until it's warmer I think. Hundreds of those and other bulbs have shot up but no buds yet. What a wonderful sight to look forward to.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 05:09 PM

Good afternoon all, lovely weather but very cold. I hope you are all keeping warm and free from winter bugs.
We had a smashing time at the christening and thank you for your good wishes. Met a lovely couple on the train home this morning, from Boston USA, the pair of them went there in the late 50's from Dublin and this was their first trip home since then, not a trace of the Dublin accent left in them, the wife and me thought they were born in the States, (I was going to say 'Native Americans' but realised that now means 'Red Indians" and red they certainly were not, maybe a milky brown, but never red), they were house hunting (no flies on him there, the price of houses has dropped 50% since 2008) and according to him money was no problem, he owned a large construction business and had several racehorses, the horses started the conversation, he said he loved trains and used them whenever he could, anyway he was a very jovial chap and we passed the time swapping funny stories, while the women talked about everything and anything.
No smell off the muck Marian?, that is a relief.
Maybe the rat was depressed and commited suicide Mary.
Enjoy the end of the winter sunshine folks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 10:37 PM

Evening all ....as Dixon of Dock Green would say

I haven't been around here much today, had a hairdressers appointment this morning and went from there to my daughter's house for a few hours. Trying to catch up now

It's cold here tonight, already -2ºC, I may even close the window in a little bit tonight!

Hope everyone has had a good day....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top