Join for free
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 11:21 AM

Fred Goodwin

Great to see that Fred Goodwin has had his knighthood stripped. Everyone in the country apart from Jackie Stewart thinks this is right and justified.

Why this washed up old racing driver thinks he knows more about the financial industry and the economic crisis than everyone else is beyond me. Wind your neck in Jackie!

Now we should go after Fred's pension too. Why should he get £650,000 pension every year for the rest of his life. £100,000 a year would be too generous.
Anyway let's hope he has a short life!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 12:45 PM

Re: Fred Goodwin

It's the £45 billion I wanted back, b****r the Knighthood.

The honours system is a farce anyway, you only need to be rich or famous to get one...
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 01:11 PM

Ah, Sir Jackie Stewart, lived in Switzerland for 28years, now roosting in Buckinghamshire. A stalwart of the nation. Maybe old Jackie can give up his tinpot title as well in protest. Don't hold your breath people.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 02:55 PM

I see that Labour are claiming victoria because they jumped on the band wagon when others were shouting for him to be stripped of his Knighthood.
Wait a minute, it was labour who gave him the knighthood and his peansion, they really are Hypocrites.
It was they who also agreed the salary scales and bonus for the RBS executives.

Right now I have left something for Joe to have a go at I'm off as visitors are arriving soon.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 11:59 AM

I abhor the 'honours' system and actually upset one of Bliar's cronies - the then Lord Chancellor (Charles Faulkner) when Bliar was 'caught' flogging seats in the Lords for donations to the Party (but that's another story).

I'm all for total abolition of the House of Lords entirely and its replacement with a directly elected second chamber (Senate???).

As for Mrs Windsor's awards (OBE, CBE, KCMG) etc, etc - they too are just ridiculous bits of tin and decoration that are unnecessary and unworthy and the majority of the people that receive them are 'the great and the good' meant to re-inforce the 'system' and obtain deference from those 'outside' the system. I for one, would like to see the abolition of these so-called 'titles' too.
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 08:06 PM

Please don't think for one moment that I'm defending Fred BUT he's not alone in this mess, so why is he the only one being punished?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2012, 09:15 AM

Because he's the face of the "Unacceptable face of capitalism".

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top