Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 09:03 PM

Birthday Part 2

So yesterday was part 2 of my weekend of celebrations.

I never had a party last year for my 60th so I decided I was having one this year instead on my 61st.

The celebration started at 4pm with the Golden Girls in a lovely pub on the way to Huddersfield called Blacksmiths Arms. It is situated in a lovely place right on top of a very steep hill which is overlooking Huddersfield, fabulous views from there.

When I walked in the table had been decorated and there were 3 Freddie Mercury faces singing Happy Birthday to me. My friends had worn Freddie Masks to sing to me, so, so funny and even the table next to us joined in singing to me and the other diners were smiling away.

After eating it was back to ours for a boozy kareoki with John as the host singer. He's very good at singing and the girls loved it.

We laughed, we nibbled on nibbles, drank wine, sang and generally just had a blooming good time.

The girls had put together and bought me a Freddie Mercury plate and a lovely scarf and one of the girls who is very crafty made me a special handmade card with one of the other golden girls making up this brilliant poem:

You're funny, bubbly and caring
A Golden Girl for sure
You're everything a friend should be
We couldn't love you more

You make us all feel younger
Like teenagers, dare I say?
coz when we're all together
The years just melt away

You're a quarter of our Special Gang
Our Classy Sassy Team
Together we can face the world
With you, our favourite Queen

Isn't that just brilliant.

I got a bit overwhelmed when I read the verse Golden Sandra had made up.

so as you can see, my 2nd day was also very special, I feel very happy and lucky to have such good and special friends.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my wonderful day.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	freddie1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	15718   Click image for larger version

Name:	freddie2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	15719   Click image for larger version

Name:	gorgeouscard.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	15720   Click image for larger version

Name:	gorgeouscardinside.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	15721  
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 09:08 PM

Re: Birthday Part 2

I know the Blacksmith's very well. It's not so far from where I live. If I'd known you were going to be so close, I would have set you on cutting my lawn.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 09:12 PM

Sounds a brilliant birthday Queenie. As you didn't celebrate last year, I'm pretty sure you could get away with "amending" your age likewise!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 09:16 PM

Oh Queenie - what a very special treat for a very special person! That card and poem are beautiful.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 09:21 PM

What a wonderful group of friends you have Queenie, I'm so pleased you had such a good time and it sounds like you certainly made up for last years lost celebration.

Love the Freddie masks!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I know the Blacksmith's very well. It's not so far from where I live. If I'd known you were going to be so close, I would have set you on cutting my lawn.
I go to Blacksmiths a lot, it's my favourite place to eat our Judd, next time we go you'll have to join us!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 10:22 PM

I only know you on here & Facebook Queenie but I reckon that verse by Golden Sandra just about sums you up.

I'm so glad you had a lovely birthday.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 08:32 AM

What a really lovely bunch of friends, making such a special day for you. I love that card and poem, so special!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 08:43 AM

Sounds a smashing day with great friends, what more can you ask..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top