Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 09:03 AM

Freezing Wednesday

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLceRjqRPzI

Another frosty day here with the thermometer struggling to reach -4 degrees but it is dry and the wind is more of a breeze. All th bird baths werwe frozen solid and took some defrosting, the puddles on the bridal path were frozen so we broke the ice so that mother natures creatures could get a drink.

Plans for today now the weekly shopping is done are to stay warm at home and have lunch, fish and chips befroe welcoming some friends for their afternoon visit.

Stay safe and warm but have a good day and during this cold weather

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUaXzMrznwU
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 09:44 AM

Re: Freezing Wednesday

Good morning to you Bob, and all to follow..

Cold and dry here too, but perfect for our tramp through the woods with the pups with lots of squirrels to chase along the way..

Nothing much on the agenda today, but we might go and buy some paint (10% day at B&Q) ready for painting out the kitchen next week. I'm cooking salmon and roast veg for lunch and then we'll spent the afternoon relaxing by the fire methinks.

Have a good day yourselves and take care to keep those old bones warm today...

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 10:01 AM

Good Morning Bob, Barry and Everyone Same up here, Bob, Jack Frost has been so busy but looks lovely and I am looking forward to a nice long walk with Loki. May walk to Linwood the long way (thru' Elderslie) and back to Johnstone another way - nice round walk! I used to walk to Linwood when I worked for Rootes (laterly became Chrysler's then Talbot)! Those were the days!!

Hope you all enjoy a good day and thanks for those clips, Bob, especially the 2nd clip - love Harry Belafonte!

Take care.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 10:04 AM

Good morning Bob, Barry & all who follow. I'm awake in the wee hours of the morning. Unable to sleep for now I decided to just get up for a while and check the world online.

We're starting out this day at around 43F or 5 C, getting up to 54F or 12C. That seems like a heat wave for this time of year. It's supposed to stay dry and around this temperature range the rest of the week. I'll take it as this kind of pattern will certainly save me money heating the apartment.

I'll keep an eye of the skies as the morning continues on. There's a possibility that I might head for the zoo and get in the first nice walk I've had in months. I sorely need it.

I watched a news article on our snowfall in the mountains this Winter. We're over 100 inches of snow which should be sufficient to provide the valley with water this Spring and keep everything green. This is the most unusual Winter I've experienced here since I moved here some 5 years ago. Generally speaking it should be raining every day yet we're experiencing long stretches of dry weather.

I have nos specific plans for today other that those mentioned above. Being the first of the month my bank account receives help today as my pension should be deposited. That allows me some breathing room financially.

Have a great day all! Stay warm and dry if you can. Watch out for one another and maybe we'll survive another day.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 10:39 AM

Morning everyone
Very deceptive here this morning very very cold,but the sun is shining,
the heating is trying very hard to keep the rooms warm. got lots of layers on to try and keep warm at work today
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 10:44 AM

A very good morning fellow members another bitterly cold day here but sunny.
Barry it's so cold, why don't you leave the decorating till the weather is better

My son is coming for lunch, only a snack 'on the run' but always lovely to see him.

I may tackle some paperwork later which I can do wrapped in my rug.
Enjoy your day everyone whatever you decide to do
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Barry it's so cold, why don't you leave the decorating till the weather is better
We like to paint in the bad weather so we don't feel that we've wasted any gardening time, but you could be right Meg, we were just saying that because of having the two puppies it would be probably better to do the painting when the dogs could stay out for the day until the paint dries...
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 02:57 PM

Hey Ho, The sun is a shinging to welcome the day a bit on the late side and it is still Bl*** cold.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 03:07 PM

Hello it appears to be brrrr weather all over the country and we appear to be the warmer ones in the S and SW - it's 2º now! It's another clear, sunny day, everything looks so much brighter.

Nothing special on the menu for today, the washing is out on the line but I doubt it will dry.

Barry, salmon and roast veg sounds lovely, I may try that one day

Enjoy your day and keep warm everyone
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 03:26 PM

Afternoon peeps. This morning started frosty, was -2° brrr. By the time we went out, the car had de-iced itself
Beautiful and sunny now, tho' still only 2°.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top