Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 09:51 AM

Just Sometimes.... Is It Best To Let Sleeping Dogs Lie?

Well...is it best?

These days, it seems in public and in private life, there is so much digging up of old events, then regurgitating the facts and making a big issue of them

Is it a type of vengeance or bitterness? Or should justice be done, even say, when the person is dead?

Or, Should we just move on and let sleeping dogs lie?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 10:06 AM

Re: Just Sometimes.... Is It Best To Let Sleeping Dogs Lie?

If an injustice has been done - never!!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 10:15 AM

All injustice's must be corrected, dead or alive. Having said that, I am not a fan of rehashing everything out in public via social media. Its best to deal directly with the person concerned and sort it between yourselves. I am in the middle of a little (work related) situation which I would dearly love to splash all over every public forum that exists, because I am angry, but....I shall maintain a dignified silence until it is resolved.

And then....

oh my gosh....

Hell hath no fury, lemme tell ya!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
If an injustice has been done - never!!
Any injustice has to be 'sorted'!

If that's impossible and only then read my signature as to the alternative remedy.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 11:29 AM

Very often , when there is a disagreement, both parties think they are not in the wrong... but then they both view it from a different angle.

If you can talk about it when the disagreement occurs ( and you are both reasonable people) it should be easily sorted.

If you can't, but remain in contact, you should forget the disagreement happened and never mention it again.

Holding a grudge can only lead to more trouble!
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 01:18 PM

As often, sometimes it is, sometimes it's not. It depends on the particular case or situation, how severe it is. As people often have different interests only one side may be interested in reconsidering a case while the other party wants to get away scot-free. Consequently, I've done both letting sleeping dogs lie and insisting on sorting things out in other situations.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Very often , when there is a disagreement, both parties think they are not in the wrong... but then they both view it from a different angle.

If you can talk about it when the disagreement occurs ( and you are both reasonable people) it should be easily sorted.

If you can't, but remain in contact, you should forget the disagreement happened and never mention it again.

Holding a grudge can only lead to more trouble!
I never bear a grudge - once I've got even!

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 01:33 PM

It depends on the circumstances
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 01:36 PM

Sometimes forgive maybe - but NEVER forget.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 01:45 PM

I agree with AT, gosh this is becoming a habit..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top