Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 03:34 PM

Bit annoyed

I ordered an item from Hong Kong on March 31st via ebay to be delivered by 1st June.

Just got this email from them

Dear buyer,

We are so sorry to inform you that the item you purchased was returned due to unsuccessful delivery (non-claimed item).

In this situation(under buyer protection), we would cancel this order and refund to you first.

Again, we are so sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Please feel free to contact us if you find any problem about that. Unquote

seems to me they never sent it as DHL e-commerce only had electronic notification that it was going to be received by DHL but they never got the item.

What annoyes me is the length of time taken to let me know
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 04:13 PM

Re: Bit annoyed

I steer clear of ordering anything from abroad, after getting stung three times for import duty. None my fault, but you can't fight the b&ggers they are the law.
The last straw was when my American pal sent me a birthday present & I even got done for duty on that. We no longer post presents to each other, which is sad, but we can't afford to now.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 04:18 PM

There is quite a bit of photographic equipment you just can't get here in the UK or so much more expensive, so the only alternative is buy from overseas
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 04:21 PM

Do you get stung for duty as well?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 04:25 PM

First World Problems.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I steer clear of ordering anything from abroad, after getting stung three times for import duty. None my fault, but you can't fight the b&ggers they are the law.
The last straw was when my American pal sent me a birthday present & I even got done for duty on that. We no longer post presents to each other, which is sad, but we can't afford to now.
Tiff I have a lot of family in America and when I want to send them a gift I order from www.personalizationmall.com which is in America and it doesn't cost much to send because it's based there. Just thought that might help xxx
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
There is quite a bit of photographic equipment you just can't get here in the UK or so much more expensive, so the only alternative is buy from overseas
Not much of an alternative if it never arrives.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What are usually referred to as 'grey imports'. Problem is if it goes wrong, you have to return it to the seller, in this case to Hong Kong. And you would have to pay all the postage and then wait and worry if you'll ever get it back. If you try getting any repairs done in the UK under warranty, this won't be honoured. Could turn out to be very much more expensive than paying the higher price in the UK.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Not much of an alternative if it never arrives.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

24-05-2021, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
What are usually referred to as 'grey imports'. Problem is if it goes wrong, you have to return it to the seller, in this case to Hong Kong. And you would have to pay all the postage and then wait and worry if you'll ever get it back. If you try getting any repairs done in the UK under warranty, this won't be honoured. Could turn out to be very much more expensive than paying the higher price in the UK.
Not quite correct. What you are referring to is authorised repairs won't touch them. however there are so many other companies will carry out repairs ,I use a local company myself. Warranty by a manufacturer has a time limit so that is where getting insured pays. last time My insurers arranged for a repair which included collection and delivery. Also they kept me intouch with what was happening

This is the company i use and they are very good having been there a few times

http://www.camserve.co.uk/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top