Join for free
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 03:21 PM

Death due to DWP Sanctions

This is a harrowing story of a mum who died in her house, due to having her benefits sanctioned. She missed an interview with the DWP because she was in intensive care. She had four children.

Too many people suffer due to the actions of the DWP, and it needs to stop.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...ezing-24090038
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 07:39 PM

Re: Death due to DWP Sanctions

Yes of course it does but it never does for the reason given .
Who do you think can stop it?
I have fought DWP decisions for the vulnerable ,fortunately by going to a tribunal but that takes time after a DWP decision has been made and some of those who had their benefits stopped haven’t the know how on how to go about taking decisions further .
It’s scandalous that people decide to take their own lives because of the decision makers who are instructed by the book on how to make them
In this particular case you would think it difficult that one of them having received notice that a claimant was in hospital wouldn’t be sympathetic . It doesn’t work like that . A sanction is made if a person doesn’t turn up for an interview . Benefit stopped before claimant can inform the DWP why they missed it .
A good film to watch ,made in Newcastle by Ken Loach especially to expose the scandal of these kind of flaws was I, Daniel.Blake .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 08:00 PM

Thanks Zuleika, I'll find that and watch it. I can't understand this at all, its heartbreaking.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 12:21 PM

I saw the film in cinema and when it finished had to use the ladies where I found an old lady weeping .
That’s the effect it had on her Pixie .
Ken Roach made that film to show the public what was going on.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 01:55 PM

Do not think the DWP are fit for purpose, a tragedy that someone is responsible for but will not be disciplined for failure.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top