Join for free
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 06:55 PM

Buying plants from Tesco.

Make sure you check the price before purchase.

They had a whole trolly full of Hostas, ( I love Hostas)....they were all priced at £3 ,so I saw one and thought, that’s a nice one, plus it was bigger than the others, so thought I had bagged myself a bargain.

I bought it a few days back, just went outside to water it, the label was facing me, it had £6 on it....what a con,imo....

Why do that ,place it in with the £3 ones, unless a customer took it from another trolley,decided they didn’t want it, so placed it there, I only saw the one trolly of Hosta....you have to have your wits about you when buying stuff.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 06:56 PM

Re: Buying plants from Tesco.

I've found their plants to be very good quality and value for money
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I've found their plants to be very good quality and value for money
So have I.....especially their Hosta, very healthy looking....you can’t beat my local garden centre though.imo.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 07:56 PM

I have a love hate relationship with hostas. I adore them but so do slugs and I used to be so heartbroken after seeing the lovely luscious leaves turn to swiss cheese the next day
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 06:31 AM

Tesco plants are a bargain ..I agree it’s annoying the way shops and a garden centres display mixed price points .
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 09:59 AM

I got a couple of trays of plants from Tesco, nice fresh plants and good value
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Make sure you check the price before purchase.

They had a whole trolly full of Hostas, ( I love Hostas)....they were all priced at £3 ,so I saw one and thought, that’s a nice one, plus it was bigger than the others, so thought I had bagged myself a bargain.

I bought it a few days back, just went outside to water it, the label was facing me, it had £6 on it....what a con,imo....

Why do that ,place it in with the £3 ones, unless a customer took it from another trolley,decided they didn’t want it, so placed it there, I only saw the one trolly of Hosta....you have to have your wits about you when buying stuff.
Did you not query it at the check out?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

13-05-2021, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Did you not query it at the check out?

No, because I thought it was £3 ,I don’t look at the prices when they scan the products, I went outside the other day, the tag was facing me, it had £ 6 on it....so next time, I won’t be caught out...I can’t be bothered taking it back.

I am obsessed with the beauty of a Hosta...I must have at least 15 in my garden, if not more.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top