Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 09:38 AM

Has anybody else had this?

Is there a Pay Pal scam going round now?

I had a very authentic looking email from Pay Pal telling me my card was about to expire & they wanted me to update my card details.

My card doesn't actually expire for another two years so I suspect this is a scam.

If my card HAD been about to expire I would have fallen for it.

OMG it's scary how alert you have to be!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 09:41 AM

Re: Has anybody else had this?

Carol, I don't likek the sound of that either.

You can always give them a ring and ask them to check your account.
I did that and sorted it out a while back when I suspected a scammer.

I loathe these scammers.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 09:48 AM

I received an email the other day saying that there had been some suspicious activity on my Paypal account and to press a link to sort it out. I checked the email address that it came from and it wasn't the one Paypal usually use so I deleted the email as a scam.

You do have to be so alert to these scams all of the time!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 09:49 AM

the only time you need to inform PayPay is if it is YOU that as changed cards or payment methods .

Such as old card expired date wise or loss or stolen card and the bank will cancel it and issue a new one
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 09:53 AM

Yes Carol, it does sound like a scam...just trying their luck on people whose cards ARE about to expire! Good job you checked your card.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 09:55 AM

Carol I don't have a Paypal card ...
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Is there a Pay Pal scam going round now?

I had a very authentic looking email from Pay Pal telling me my card was about to expire & they wanted me to update my card details.

My card doesn't actually expire for another two years so I suspect this is a scam.

If my card HAD been about to expire I would have fallen for it.

OMG it's scary how alert you have to be!!
Carol,

The only way to think, these days, is that any message, coming in from a Financial service, or Business Seller,
is a SCAM, until proven otherwise.

The rule is, if you get one of those emails, do not make any sort of reply.

Do not press any sort of buttons in the message (or phone call).

Wait an hour, or so, then log onto the official web site of the Company concerned, and check your messages, or charges, therein!

(The reason for the wait is in case any scammer plays the trick of staying on the line (mostly the phone ones) to follow what you do.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Carol,

The only way to think, these days, is that any message, coming in from a Financial service, or Business Seller,
is a SCAM, until proven otherwise.

The rule is, if you get one of those emails, do not make any sort of reply.

Wait an hour, or so, then log onto the official web site of the Company concerned, and check your messages, or charges, therein!

(The reason for the wait is in case any scammer plays the trick of staying on the line (mostly the phone ones) to follow what you do.
What?? They stay on the line to track you? Jeez, thats creepy.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 10:41 AM

Whenever I get any emails like this I check the email address and if in doubt I call the organisation. There are increasingly more scam mails and texts going round.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 10:56 AM

Get a good bank and stick with it all these company's like Pay Pal are not worth the hassle that they create.
Been with Nat West for over 40 years now and never had a problem with any of my payments.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top