Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 08:14 AM

Dilemmas... How Do You Cope With Them?

I have a dilemma at the moment and over the weekend l just couldn’t decide what to do. I ended up getting upset and having a little cry but l feel that made me stronger.
l now know what l am going to do.

Have you ever been faced with a dilemma where you have to make a decision? You think and think until you feel your brain will burst! You weigh up the alternatives and almost talk yourself out of what needs to be done!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 08:16 AM

Re: Dilemmas... How Do You Cope With Them?

After reading The Dice Man (so long ago that I have forgotten who wrote it) when I can't decide between two courses of action I just toss a coin.

Works well.

Failing that I consult my 8 Ball
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
After reading The Dice Man (so long ago that I have forgotten who wrote it) when I can't decide between two courses of action I just toss a coin.

Works well.

Failing that I consult my 8 Ball
Bruce, I wish l had read this at the weekend, it would have saved me a lot stress!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 08:25 AM

How do I cope with dilemmas?
I play them out in my head with different scenarios and see which ones feel right. If this doesn’t work I’ll pout, cry and ask my husband.
Kidding! Lol! If I really don’t know and it’s stressing me out too much, I hand it over to the universe and let it go knowing whatever happens is for the best.
Learning to ‘let go’ is difficult but such a relief when and if permitted.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Bruce, I wish l had read this at the weekend, it would have saved me a lot stress!

It certainly works for me if I can't decide then I let chance take control. No stress at all as long as you stick to the result (and I always do).

Since writing the above it occurred to me that The Dice Man was written by Rienhart perhaps Luke Reinhart? Could be wrong but very much a book of its time (late 60s early 70s?)
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 08:26 AM

I usually make a list of Pros and Cons, sleep on it, and usually I have an answer by morning. Failing which, like Bruce, I toss a coin. I always know the answer by the time the coin falls.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 08:27 AM

Logic.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 08:44 AM

It's an absolute devil when - despite all your best intentions - a dilemma suddenly catches you out of the blue like this.
They come from the most unexpected places which is, I suppose, what contributes towards making such things a dilemma.

Although I'm not prone to suffering dilemmas it seems that fortunately as I get older such things happen less and less frequently, and when they do good old-fashioned logic usually provides the answers.
Or it could be that as I age I don't let it bother me as much as I used to.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 08:47 AM

If I have a dilemma I try to push my emotions to one side, because their influence can make you chose the wrong answer!

I tend to think how badly each decision would hurt the people involved and try to chose the one where the pain is likely to be the least.

If I still can't find the right answer, it is my dilemma so I chose to do what I think is best and tell others, that are involved, why I made that decision. Honesty is always the best policy!

If it is a decision where only I am involved like "Should I have a glass of water or wine?" I will have the glass of water whilst I think , then have a glass of wine to celebrate making the right decision!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

10-05-2021, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
How do I cope with dilemmas?
I play them out in my head with different scenarios and see which ones feel right. If this doesn’t work I’ll pout, cry and ask my husband.
Kidding! Lol! If I really don’t know and it’s stressing me out too much, I hand it over to the universe and let it go knowing whatever happens is for the best.
Learning to ‘let go’ is difficult but such a relief when and if permitted.
Bratti, That sounds like a good plan of action!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top