Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 07:51 PM

Free2collect Site

Has anyone used this site recently. I have got rid of loads of stuff via them in the past and items posted up have usually been on the site within 2 3 hours after being approved by the admins. This is of course necessary to verify they are suitable items which I understand. I sent a post request yesterday and 31 hours later it is not on the site. I sent an email to the admins and have not had a reply so have sent it again. It used to be really good but I have some doubts now.

Appreciate any comments if you have used it recently particularly if you have tried to post an item.

Thanks
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 08:19 PM

Re: Free2collect Site

Val I have never heard of Free2collect is it like Freecycle which I tried to join but found complicated
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 08:32 PM

Just a quick bit of advice here, if you do eventually join freecycle use another email address otherwise their messages will fill up your inbox every time you blink.
I've never heard of Free2Collect either. Does it work the same?
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 09:45 PM

I've never heard of Free2collect either and assume as well that its like Freecycle.

Mary you can change the settings in Freecycle to stop your inbox being bombarded with emails. That happened to me when I first joined so I tweaked the settings within Freecycle and now I get one or two emails a day with all the wanted/offers within the email.

There's also another site called Freegle. These sites are great and I've been able to offload loads of stuff, much better than landfill
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 10:44 PM

Never had a problem at all with free2collect but have never used freecycle. They just don't seem to be doing anything at the moment. Have sent another shirty email so we shall see. I am trying to get rid of some camping gear at the moment which I could just take down the tip but soon I need to shift a dining table and chairs which not so easy. Also like to help someone else if I can in these tough economic times.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 11:18 PM

Why don't you join Freecycle in the meantime as free2collect may be having problems? I've just checked and there is one in Watford.
The Dog Lover
Watford

27-01-2012, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Why don't you join Freecycle in the meantime as free2collect may be having problems? I've just checked and there is one in Watford.
OK thanks I'll look into that
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 02:35 AM

It's called Freecycle in Scotland, use it sometimes and always manage to get rid of my un-wants.
The Dog Lover
Watford

01-02-2012, 12:45 PM

I thought I had the answer as found a charity organization who were going to collect on Friday. Now they say they can't They are trying to find an alternative collector for me so we shall see. If not i shall have another look at that Freecycle. I could pay to have it collected as waste but I would rather someone had the use of it as it is in good condition just old.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 01:36 PM

The British Heart Foundation take furniture and electrical goods to repair then recycle ..
http://www.recyclenow.com/what_can_i...bhf_reuse.html

My local Hospice shop takes /collects all other usable things and regularly leaves a bag which I fill. I also ring them and say I have stuff for collection

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top