Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 03:07 AM

Fabulous Friday

Yep, the last day of my working week and yes, it's 2 a.m. as I type and I should be a-bed, but I'm not.

It is teeming down with rain outside, and Billie came in sopping wet through so I dried him off with kitchen towel, which he appeared to be grateful for and he's now fast a-kip on my deep-freezer.

I have to admit that it's still a bit nippy here, and when I was driving to work Thursday afternoon it was bright and sunny but, ahead of me, were black clouds and I ran into a very bad shower, but it cleared.

I is happy as there has been, thus far, one day of snow which didn't settle, and one night's icy road. I am so glad we haven't had a repetition of the last two years which we horrifying.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 08:13 AM

Re: Fabulous Friday

Good morning mollie and everyone else of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTte3ab-2DM
Has that got you moving?

The terrific hailstone storm that we had last night left a white coating on the ground but that has gone.
It is still dark cold and wet here and the icy wind makes it feel twice as cold.
A solitary Blackbird followed us on our morning walk and apart from a couple of sheep that is all the life that we saw.

Plans for today are a visit to the shops this morning, lunch at home (Fish and Chips) then the afternoon will be spent with friends before an evening of relaxingwith a book or searching the net.

Have a great day everyone and dont forget

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhc06...eature=related
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 10:04 AM

Good morning Mollie, Bob et al....

Tesco's shopping done already, and after coffee we're off to the garden centre to get onion and shallot sets, which I'll plant over the weekend. Just soup and a roll for lunch before walking the dogs, and then I'll be relaxing by the fire for the afternoon with a book...

Enjoy your day folks....

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 10:13 AM

Loki enjoying the snow a few years ago!!

Good Morning Mollie, Bob, Barrie and Everyone

Snow fell here yesterday and I hate snow!! It started when I was out with Loki yesterday and we were like snowmen by the time we got back up the hill, slipping and sliding on the hilly pavements to where I live! However, it has started to rain now, thank goodness!

Many thanks for those links, Bob, good ones!!

Hope you got a good sleep when you eventually went to bed, Mollie!

Enjoy a good day everyone and take care.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 10:36 AM

What a breautiful day today has turned out to be, the sun is shining, still wet on the ground but after all that snow we had last night was expecting a very bad day. Hope it stays like this for the week end
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 10:40 AM

Morning everyone, icy here the morning and very cold, I think we could get snow soon. Enjoy your weekend, daughter got back at 2am from a shopping trip in Germany.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 12:54 PM

Good morning all, it's very cold but nice and sunny here today and I'm feeling on top of the World, not a bother on me. The kitchen is abuzz with the tittering of female voices as they backbite their friends and criticise the government, yes her two sisters are down with us again, what joy!, nice to see them all happy doing what they do best, I think when God created Woman he made the tongue first and built the rest around it, is it any wonder that I seek refuge in the nearest safe haven, commonly known as the local.
Great to see you all are as well as you can be.
Enjoy your day Folks, I intend to.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 12:59 PM

Good morning everyone it is a lovely morning too but very cold.

I have done the shopping and will now turn my attention to some cleaning. It would be lovely if once we cleaned things they stayed clean and never needed doing again

Have a pleasant day
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 01:40 PM

Good afternoon all! Not raining (for a change) but cold. Had sleet showers yesterday which turned briefly to large snowflakes for around 5 mins.

Mum's endoscopy results were good, nothing untoward detected, so that's one less thing to worry about. Thank you for asking after her, you're all very kind - that's what I like about you people here.

Jem - your posts make me laugh......you wouldn't be without us though.

Have a good day all.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 02:06 PM

Good morning all. Yeah, we're in for a dry sunny day today & tomorrow. The price, cold weather. It's -3C out there right now. It's still 5 a.m. here and quite dark. I hear the heavy traffic on the street next to my apartment complex. I do, technically, live in the city of Portland, Oregon, so there are just too many people rushing around going to work for their last day.

I got a call from the Providence Medical Assistance Program that my prescription is ready to pick up at my doctor's office. I'll do so after my McDonald's routine this morning. That's a 90 day supply of my most expensive medication with a promise to provide it at no cost from now on. I just saved $375 on this first supply. I am truly blessed. Have a great day all!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top