Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 02:04 AM

Doctors

Do you have a preference as to the sex of your doctor, or are you just happy to see either?

I know some conditions are perhaps "embarrassing" and because of that we'd prefer a doctor of our own sex. Personally, I don't care one way or the other as to me a doctor is a doctor who is there to help our health needs, but some women won't see a male doctor, and some men won't see a female doctor. This is what I don't understand so, do you have feelings about this?
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 09:00 AM

Re: Doctors

I really don't mind either way Mollie but for female ailments I think a woman doctor may have a greater insight as to what you're going through as she may have suffered the same problem herself.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 10:07 AM

Personally I don't mind, but I know Mrs PM does like to see a female doctor for certain things......
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 10:42 AM

The doctor i have been seeing for the last 10 years is really lovely i can go to him with anything, but sometimes if it is for what is classed as a female problems i will only go to a lady doctor, dont ask me why, i think it just makes me feel more confortable. and the older i get the more female problems i seem to be having.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 11:54 AM

I'm Ok seeing either a male or a female doctor Mollie as long as I can feel at ease and can trust their judgement. I would rather have a sympathetic male doctor than an indifferent female one.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 12:04 PM

It doesn't really bother me about the sex of the doctor. I have seen mainly male consultants for the problems that I have had recently and they were lovely.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 12:20 PM

I am not bothered either way really. I see a male doctor mostly. I haven't had a lot of female problems so maybe I will feel differently if and when that happens. As long as the doctor treats me as a person and doesn't stare at their computer while I am there I am OK.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 12:24 PM

i prefer a male doctor whatever the complaint, i have always found them much better but thats just me
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 01:07 PM

I don't mind at all and I am sure the doctors don't think about what sex you are, we are all just patients.

I have found male doctors to be more gentle when carrying out internal examintions.
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 02:35 PM

Doesn't matter to me. Usually now when I see my GP for an issue, I know the answer before heading in. I've lost 'faith' in them being able to diagnose aliments other than virus or infection and then sometimes they get that wrong too. I do appreciate that if they 'don't know' what is 'going on', the refer you to someone who can go the 'extra mile' to find out why.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top