Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 03:23 PM

Dull hair

I have grey hair and for some months it has been getting very dull, with no shine and looks dry and lifeless.
My hair seems to have lost the little bit of wave it had too.
I believe some of the problem has been caused through double doses of antibiotics that I've had to have over the past year for bouts of cellulitis.

I gave myself a cut, thinking it would take off the lifeless hair but it hasn't made a jot of difference.
Can anyone recommend a good treatment? I thought about making a hot oil and honey mixture, has anyone tried this?
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 03:34 PM

Re: Dull hair

There is plenty out there thats for sure and I have a bathroom of themI get most of mine from a Shopping Channel as I have found them to work tbh but one old remedy that we were discussing on a Thread the other day is to rinse your hair in Vineger.My Mother had a Hairdressing shop many moons go and swore by it....mind you she would swear about anything fgs...still another Thread that lol....you have nothing to lose love so why not give it a whirl?
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 04:14 PM

Been using vinegar for weeks...no difference...hubby is for ever fancying fish and chips though.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Been using vinegar for weeks...no difference...hubby is for ever fancying fish and chips though.
LOL...another thing I remember from days gone by is using a Bath Cube to rinse my golden locks....dunno if they even still make them tbh as got rid of Bath and got a big Shower instead..just incase you thought I didn't wash
One other thing...do you watch Shopping Channels?
Bonny
UK

26-01-2012, 04:26 PM

BTW..one conditioner I do find VERY good is the one you get in the Box of Nice and Easy.....great results.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

26-01-2012, 04:33 PM

No Bonny, I don't watch shopping channels - rarely watch any tv. Hubby records the few programmes I like.
Nevermind, I'll have a go with the honey tonight, see if it helps. Thanks anyway
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 04:37 PM

I use Charles Worthington shampoo and conditioner and have very shiny hair .

It is expensive so I only buy it when it is on offer at Boots, then I stock up.
Bonny
UK

26-01-2012, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
No Bonny, I don't watch shopping channels - rarely watch any tv. Hubby records the few programmes I like.
Nevermind, I'll have a go with the honey tonight, see if it helps. Thanks anyway
We can all think we know the best thing to use...I would never use Honey for example straight...but we all have different hair and what one think's is great another may not.I hope you find the "one" Janela"
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

26-01-2012, 04:47 PM

Thanks Meg, it's top of the list........so far
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 05:08 PM

Janela I would also look also at your diet, is it deficient in anything . Lots fresh fruit and vegetables are good for repairing tissue.

I eat nuts every day, great for your hair. Almonds are good and selenium which is found in brazil nuts is essential but avoid supplements because it can be toxic in quantity .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top