Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 08:22 AM

Relaxing Thursday.

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnNHr9jCwrY

Cold dark and miserable here with not many of mother natures creature awake only an Owl shouting its head off. The farm is all in darkness and silent as are the sheep in the fields.

I always though t that health spa's were meant to help you gain health. parts of my body feels like it has been run over by tank in parts but I must admit that I do feel better inside and in my mind.
Plans for today are to relax in the recliner with a book, have lunch at home(pity I cant use the recliner) and then spend the afternoon relaxing with a book.

Carmen Moaning minnie is the wind howling through the trees and small spaces.

Have a great day everyone and stay safe.

For Eileen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH3TT...eature=related
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 09:41 AM

Re: Relaxing Thursday.

Good morning AB and all Thanks for clearing that up AB, I thought that maybe you were making references to your good wife for a moment

I shall be in touch with the hospital today for Mum has been in overnight awaiting an Endoscopy procedure which will take place this morning.

A wet and soggy day today.......roll on Spring!!

Have a good day all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 10:29 AM

Good morning AB, Carmen and all who follow it's not a bad morning, the sun is trying to shine and my new wellingtons arrived yesterday so I had dry feet on this mornings walk .

AB I am sure the health spa will have done you good, you just don't know it yet .

Carmen I have had an endoscopy, I refused any kind of local anaesthetic and it was fine and not nearly as bad as one imagines it might be . I drove home shortly afterwards (one reason I didn't want any drugs) . I hope your Mum doesn't find it too scary.

Barry I hope all went well yesterday.

Have a pleasant day every one.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 10:33 AM

Good Morning Bob, Berxer, Meg and All Good to see you Bob and have your links again - that is a lovely tribute song for Eileen. I am sure she will be listening to it from above, God rest her.

Thanks for sharing the links, Bob.

Glad you had a lovely time at the Spa! You will be sore for a wee while but being sore means it has done you good.

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day whatever you do.

Take care.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Carmen I have had an endoscopy, I refused any kind of local anaesthetic and it was fine and not nearly as bad as one imagines it might be . I drove home shortly afterwards (one reason I didn't want any drugs) . I hope your Mum doesn't find it too scary.
Thanks Meg I don't know anything about this procedure, but I did look on-line (and wish I didn't), so many horror stories! Naturally, I didn't pass this information on to Mum.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 10:42 AM

A very good morning to Bob, Carmen, Meg, Rosemary and all waifs and strays who follow later...

A damp start to the day but clearing nicely now and should be a fine day. Mrs PM is cooking one of her legendary casseroles for lunch and then friends are visiting for coffee and buns this afternoon.

Bob, glad that you're not feeling too bruised after your few days at the "health" farm..try to take it easy while you recover your strength...

Carmen, hope that your mum's OK, that isn't a pleasant experience awaiting her this morning...

Thanks for asking Meg, the procedure was very minor with just a couple of stitches to seal the wound. They want to see me in eight weeks to discuss the results so there doesn't seem to be any hurry...surely a good sign..

Have a great day all and hey, let's be careful out there....

Barry
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 02:27 PM

Good afternoon all, a cold but sunny day today. Have to see the solicitor today then into an old pub in town I used to drink in when I was working, meeting an old friend I haven't seen in donkeys years. I hear it's all changed now and renamed "The Silver Well", probably because of all the yuppies drinking water there.
Enjoy the day Folks.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good morning AB, Carmen and all who follow it's not a bad morning, the sun is trying to shine and my new wellingtons arrived yesterday so I had dry feet on this mornings walk .

AB I am sure the health spa will have done you good, you just don't know it yet .

Barry I hope all went well yesterday.

Have a pleasant day every one.
Have you ever had a Cystoscopy? Because of my enlarged prostate I must have them periodically. Not recommended for the squeamish.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 02:59 PM

Good morning all. I'm sitting here in a new hooded sweatshirt all warm and fuzzy. I'm a tad strange in that I always buy T-shirts or sweatshirts from businesses I like. I'm a walking billboard. This new sweatshirt is from Otto's Sausage Shop. That will stand out in a crowd!

Having finished another book, "Brainrush" by Richard Bard, I'll be looking for his next book in the sequel. That makes 39 books that I've read in the past 12 months.

So, it's off to McDonald's this morning to get breakfast and visit with my friends. Pat is back with her bout with the flu. She's still weak and must get her potassium & sodium levels check until she's back to full health. She is drinking lots of water but has to take it slow as her system tries to reject anything she puts into it.

Have a great day all & watch over each other.

Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 03:54 PM

Good Afternoon Everybody and special thought's are with your Mother Carmen and to you as I know you must be worried.
Ive been doing lots of dusting today and seeing the amount of "clutter" I have here that is no easy jobThe Dolls alone is a day's work fgs....Dolls and Teddies at my age that's terrible
Weather's totally rubbish here so can't go in the Garden except to feed the Geese and may repot a couple of Xmas Tree's I bought a couple of week's ago.
Have a good Day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top