Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 11:54 PM

Face masks with a difference

How about this for inventiveness then - a woman in the Netherlands has designed a face mask which is completely biodegradable, and after use, it can be buried in the garden to grow flowers.

How about that then!

The mask is made from rice paper, embedded with flower seeds that will bloom once planted.

These masks are currently only available for sale on the continent at the moment, so not in the UK yet.

Would you buy them do you think?

https://www.countryliving.com/uk/new...masks-flowers/

(Mods, please can you adjust the title for me? It is supposed to read Face masks)! Thankyou.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 04:00 AM

Re: Face masks with a difference

It would be nice of they were wild flower seeds then all the discarded ones on the streets might create little pockets of flowers here and there.....I would buy them....why not
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 05:41 AM

I seem to remember a story of a little boy who went to the A&E because he couldn't stop sneezing.

On investigation the doctors found a pea that he had stuffed up his nose had germinated and it was the sprouting leaves that were tickling, causing the sneezing.

Now..............I don't think I would be buying these masks.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 07:07 AM

What a brilliant idea I would buy them.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 07:16 AM

This would be giving wanton licence to indiscriminate mask discarders.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 07:26 AM

Hmmm, I would buy them because its a good idea but I do wonder at their effectiveness as an actual mask - plus breathing the glue that holds the seeds sounds a bit icky....y'know, with the moisture from your mouth....oh gosh I just had a thought of everyone walking around with wild flowers on their face, if they wear the masks for too long! ok, I need more coffee....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
This would be giving wanton licence to indiscriminate mask discarders.
I think spitfire is right Surely this will encourage people to discard masks anywhere, that they have worn, in the belief that beautiful flowers will grow! Not everybody will be responsible & dispose of masks safely.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 08:09 AM

Hi

I wear KN95 masks, I value my safety.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 08:16 AM

It sounds like a nice idea and I think they could be quite popular. Just don't wear them too long.

Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 08:38 AM

No I don't think I would buy them. At the rate we use our masks, our small garden would run out of planting space very quickly. And then I'd have to go back to standard masks, because I really would not want to throw perfectly viable seeds in the bin.

And another thing - a couple of years ago in a local shop we saw something called a 'Bee Mat'. It was a piece of biodegradable material about 6' x 18" which could be laid out on a flower bed and covered lightly with soil. In due course lots of lovely bee friendly wild flowers would grow. Wonderful! we thought. But the reality was a huge number of really enormous plants, which dominated the small part of the flower bed, spilling over onto the lawn and spreading like wildfire. Oh yes, the bees loved them, but it took us ages to get these bully plants under control!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top